• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Dee Pooler...new clip

I don't know if Dee is aware of the Speed Bag Forum, but I just watched this new "thanks to Alan Kahn" clip. It was posted a couple weeks ago. It has some great strike techniques of his broken down. Dee is real smooth. Very inspirational...
    BAG ON!

• Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I agree that Dee is "smooth." He makes it look effortless. Dee does comes up with some original punching techniques. The "phantom" punch is unique (at least to me). And he's always ready to share his skills with others. He's another ambagsador of the bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      I agree that Dee is "smooth." He makes it look effortless. Dee does comes up with some original punching techniques. The "phantom" punch is unique (at least to me). And he's always ready to share his skills with others. He's another ambagsador of the bag.
      The "phantom" punch he shows is a Front Straight Punch (FSP) done under the arm of an Outward Elbow. For instance, your right fist does a FSP and continues to cross the body to set up for an Outward Elbow Strike. As the right arm crosses the body to get into position the elbow, the Left fist does a FSP under the right elbow. It a sneaky move and you can do it with either fist. He does it very well.

He really is a great ambagsador for the speed bag.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        The "phantom" punch he shows is a Front Straight Punch (FSP) done under the arm of an Outward Elbow. For instance, your right fist does a FSP and continues to cross the body to set up for an Outward Elbow Strike. As the right arm crosses the body to get into position the elbow, the Left fist does a FSP under the right elbow. It a sneaky move and you can do it with either fist. He does it very well.

He really is a great ambagsador for the speed bag.
        I guess the "uniqueness" of the technique was how he put the FSP and the OES (and the double OES) together. I hadn't seen that before and it was something new to me. I'm always impressed when people find new or unique ways to put strikes together and make it look so effortless and natural.

BillyMack's exhibition at the beach is another example, he does a series of Front fist rolling with O-TES and makes it look so easy.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          I guess the "uniqueness" of the technique was how he put the FSP and the OES (and the double OES) together.......

BillyMack's exhibition at the beach is another example, he does a series of Front fist rolling with O-TES and makes it look so easy.
          Lee does a lot of that also. The left fist hits in their FSP or FCP as the right fist crosses to the O-ES position. Then do an O-TES. Basically, the left fist hits "under" the elbow, and then follows as the last fist of the O-TES. It creates a neat optical illusion due to the outward elbow movement, and makes the same 4-beat sound as a Four Way Elbow Strike. It contacts as: Fist-Elbow-Fist-Fist.

And just so you know, Spinsmashpop can also do it off the F-Roll.
          ( I've seen him do it several times..)
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Wow great clip. I gotta try that some time.

He's got lots more here:
            Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
            Last edited by Tim; 04-28-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Lee does a lot of that also. The left fist hits in their FSP or FCP as the right fist crosses to the O-ES position. Then do an O-TES. Basically, the left fist hits "under" the elbow, and then follows as the last fist of the O-TES. It creates a neat optical illusion due to the outward elbow movement, and makes the same 4-beat sound as a Four Way Elbow Strike. It contacts as: Fist-Elbow-Fist-Fist.

And just so you know, Spinsmashpop can also do it off the F-Roll.
              ( I've seen him do it several times..)
              Speedbag, thanks for the props regarding the O-TES off the fist roll. That's what I was trying to do when I filmed the "punch-chaser" and "mirror patters". But it wasn't gelling at all and was bumming me out because it was something that came pretty naturally to me. I will get that on vid soon.
              I've also came up with some other combos similar to Dee's first couple minutes of footage above. And my mirror patterns and punch chasers are way smoother since filming.....
              I'm hoping to get a solid clip together with all of it goin' on!
              BAG ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...