X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevdawg0324
    • Oct 2006

Its Been A While!

Hey guys! The forum has grown so much since the last time I was here. I dont even recognize any of the names with the exception, of course, of Tim, Alan, and Zach. Anyway, I thought I would post a video for your viewing pleasure and for some critique. I havent posted in almost 2 years. I hope everybody is well.

• Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Very, very nice. Glad you came back. You're a real asset to the forum. Looking forward to viewing more of your vidoes.

[Impressed with your other YouTube videos as well]

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Kevdawg...
      Great bagging!
      OK.... how long have you been bagging?
      Why no new vids for 2 years?
      How often do you bag nowadays?
      If you don't as much as you did when you got your technique together, do you get right back into it without much lost, similar to riding a bike?
      Was it an obsession when you first started and got your skills together?
      Has that feeling changed?
      I ask all this cuz I am new and still very impressed with anyone that took bagging seriously enough to get to your level. This is not a "sport" that is ever really in the forefront! And yes, it is a sport!
      Great L Elbow Fist...R Elbow Fist! I am now going to get into that lick!
      Great speed! It's great to see baggers that have gotten to the level you have.
      You guys are what makes me and the others new "under drummers" press on and BAG ON!

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
        • Oct 2006

Thanks a lot for your kind comments. i learned everything i know from the all of the people here that have original ideas and tons of patience. Now your questions;

OK.... how long have you been bagging? I would say about a little over 3 years.

Why no new vids for 2 years? Lets see, i got married, had a baby boy, went to the police academy and became a cop.

How often do you bag nowadays? once a day for just a few minutes. definately not like i used to, but im still addicted and the platform is right in my garage so it's convenient.

If you don't as much as you did when you got your technique together, do you get right back into it without much lost, similar to riding a bike? i actually feel like i can do most of the things i could before, just not as fast. being fast is actually my downfall because i go too fast and get ahead of myself. i also dont really try anything new. the newest thing that i have tried is "fdp'ssp'rdp'ssp'fdp". i mostly like just hitting to hit and be fluid.

Was it an obsession when you first started and got your skills together? i would say it was definately an obsession before but now i have to be husband and dad so i cant dedicate as much time to it as i did before. i still love to bag though. i couldnt live without it.

Has that feeling changed? I would say no because if i find something that looks interesting and difficult to do, i want to try it immediately and i still get jazzed when i pull it off.

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Great video tempting me to get a ballhook swivel.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Man, you're looking great and still smokin' that bag. Great set. Whatever you've lost will come back in a few workouts. Congrats on becoming a cop and the baby. Sounds like life is treating your well.

Glad you got back.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
              • Oct 2006

Thanks, ya know, life's been tough but great! ive been hitting a little more in the past few weeks but im really interested in trying some new stuff, im just not very original. i stole the rolling d-des "Ruffo Elbows" from skunk. its one of my favs. any ideas of some combos?

Comment

• Murph
                • Jan 2009

Sick!

Whats your thoughts on ball & hook vs. the ubolt swivel in your older vids?

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
                  • Oct 2006

i think that they both have something to bring to the table. the ball hook is obviously easier to hit from the sides but the u-bolt is significantly smoother and gives a much better rebound. the u-bolt can do the side hits but it isnt as smooth as the ballhook from the sides. the ballhook definately has more finesse. i actually wish i had two boards because they both are great in my opinion.

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Kevdawg0324 View Post
                    Hey guys! The forum has grown so much since the last time I was here. I dont even recognize any of the names with the exception, of course, of Tim, Alan, and Zach. Anyway, I thought I would post a video for your viewing pleasure and for some critique. I havent posted in almost 2 years. I hope everybody is well.
                    Welcome back man - lookin' great on the bag, great speed! I guess you still been hitting even with all that stuff going on !!! Congrats on all of it!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...