I hope I did not build this up too much ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whippet
    • Nov 2008

I hope I did not build this up too much ...

... but here it is. It needs a little leather cleaner, but is otherwise in great shape. An 8x5.
    Can anyone tell me where they have seen this before?
    Attached Files
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I'm stumped ... ???

Comment

• Whippet
      • Nov 2008

It is the display bag from Primefighter - I was looking for a white speed bag - one large enough that I can operate - and I remembered seeing the one from their Web site (see pic). I emailed Lori to see if they still had it and, if so, would they part with it.
      Does anyone know if these are a commercial bag or can they be had in the U.S. by us joes? It is a nice bag to hit - balance and soft feel to it. I would buy another if I could.
      Sorry about the build up Tim

Dennis

P.S. Thanks for the tip BT! I now have a shiny new red & blue $9.99 Everlast hanging in my stable of bags.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Whippet; 01-13-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Ahhhh, it all makes sense now! That's pretty cool.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Whippet View Post
          It is the display bag from Primefighter - I was looking for a white speed bag - one large enough that I can operate - and I remembered seeing the one from their Web site (see pic). I emailed Lori to see if they still had it and, if so, would they part with it.
          Does anyone know if these are a commercial bag or can they be had in the U.S. by us joes? It is a nice bag to hit - balance and soft feel to it. I would buy another if I could.

Dennis

P.S. Thanks for the tip BT! I now have a shiny new red & blue $9.99 Everlast hanging in my stable of bags.
          Whippet.... cool about the 9.99 special! I've got to get some wood up behind by board and get the hooks in it to hang the bags up. Your board area looks great!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Whip, you didn't build it up too much at all... I'm still kicking myself for not recognizing that bag, pretty funny.

That is a unique bag. "As seen in primefighter's web site".

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Dennis

Yes, I think I know THAT bag myself. Fast and accurate. Look down 9 pictures and see it in it's younger, brighter days..... (2003 - over my head).
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Whippet
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Yes, I think I know THAT bag myself. Fast and accurate. Look down 9 pictures and see it in it's younger, brighter days..... (2003 - over my head).
                Holy cow - there it is. It does have a few miles on it; hard to say who has had a go at it.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Holy cow - there it is. It does have a few miles on it; hard to say who has had a go at it.
                  Other than myself for a few minutes, I don't know. That unit is in their display room.

During my visit there in 2003 I went around their display room and punched on all of their displays and wall models. I was particularly fascinated by the cable or chain adjustable wall units. I've always been looking for a wall unit with a large enough adjustment track to let a standing person use it and then adjust down for a standard wheel chair, making the board accessible to our friends who cannot stand. Their two models, the SKU 400 is the short version

and the SKU 1000 (with your bag) is the longer version for more adustment and "heavy duty".

I preferred the 400 over the 1000, Because on the longer frame 1000, the adustment chains to move the board travels inside the vertical tubes of the frame. When punching that bag, the vibration made the tubes shake a bit and rattle the chain inside. Speed bags are noisy enough without added vibration noise of chains inside the frame. On the #400 model, the single adjustment cable is on the outside, running down the wall in the middle and doesn't strike the frame structure.

We took that picture in front of the SK1000 because it went up higher and allowed to get the bag in the picture over us. I thought it would be a cool shot, having an unusual white bag over our heads. Go figure. Now you're punching it. I'm glad it has a good home where it will get a regular "massage". A good bag deserves to be punched, not just shown.
                  Last edited by Speedbag; 01-16-2009, 08:30 AM.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Whippet
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Other than myself for a few minutes, I don't know. That unit is in their display room.

During my visit there in 2003 I went around their display room and punched on all of their displays and wall models. I was particularly fascinated by the cable or chain adjustable wall units. I've always been looking for a wall unit with a large enough adjustment track to let a standing person use it and then adjust down for a standard wheel chair, making the board accessible to our friends who cannot stand. Their two models, the SKU 400 is the short version

and the SKU 1000 (with your bag) is the longer version for more adustment and "heavy duty".

I preferred the 400 over the 1000, Because on the longer frame 1000, the adustment chains to move the board travels inside the vertical tubes of the frame. When punching that bag, the vibration made the tubes shake a bit and rattle the chain inside. Speed bags are noisy enough without added vibration noise of chains inside the frame. On the #400 model, the single adjustment cable is on the outside, running down the wall in the middle and doesn't strike the frame structure.

We took that picture in front of the SK1000 because it went up higher and allowed to get the bag in the picture over us. I thought it would be a cool shot, having an unusual white bag over our heads. Go figure. Now you're punching it. I'm glad it has a good home where it will get a regular "massage". A good bag deserves to be punched, not just shown.
                    Yes, I agree.
                    I am wondering if they ever thought of sliding a nylon, silicone or other sheath into the tubes of the 1000 model to quiet the noise of the chains? When I modify mountain bike forks there are materials that I can use to cover fork springs to quiet the working internals. You may not be able to cover the chains in this case, but the tubes might be able to be sheathed.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...