• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Chainlink Swivel Modification

Here is a link to an interesting swivel adaption made to an Everlast Chainlink swivel.

It comes from a speed bag related thread on Saddoboxing Forum.

Looks like he made a modified "U-bolt swivel" from a chainlink model.

I've never seen an adaption quite like it, so I thought I'd pass it on.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

You'll need a saddo login to see the image, I've attached a copy here to make it easier to view.

Looks pretty neat. What I like about it is the reduced mass, compared to most U-Bolts. I'm a proponent of minimal swivel... the less swivel mass, the better.

Gotta love this post:
    I used to have this one, but it is fundamentally flawed because the bag will bounce on the seems, in stead of on a side face. So I popped out the spring pin with a pin punch and took everything off except the inverted U. Then I machined out the holes to make them bigger, I used an angle grinder to modify the inner walls of the anchor shackle because it was slightly too narrow, then I slid along pin through everything, cut off the excess, and voila. pics to come...

In regards to moving from a chain link to a ball hook - it will turn your speed bag into "huevo de diablo"
    Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      You'll need a saddo login to see the image, I've attached a copy here to make it easier to view.

Looks pretty neat. What I like about it is the reduced mass, compared to most U-Bolts. I'm a proponent of minimal swivel... the less swivel mass, the better.

Gotta love this post:
      I used to have this one, but it is fundamentally flawed because the bag will bounce on the seems, in stead of on a side face. So I popped out the spring pin with a pin punch and took everything off except the inverted U. Then I machined out the holes to make them bigger, I used an angle grinder to modify the inner walls of the anchor shackle because it was slightly too narrow, then I slid along pin through everything, cut off the excess, and voila. pics to come...

In regards to moving from a chain link to a ball hook - it will turn your speed bag into "huevo de diablo"
      Yea, that was a good one.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• whiptats
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2008

Short comment: Remove the U shaped shakle and pin, replace them with the master link that it came with (ONLY the master link-not the other piece it came with) and you got what I was trying to show in my lame post titled "Swivel Mod". (Please NOBODY bump that post-lets just let it fade)

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

It's actually what's called a bow shackle. You can get U shackles, but it is the bow shackle that has the ring shape.
          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...