• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

ringside 8 x 5

I ordered the ringside 8 x 5 before the sale ended. I got it for just under $19 (24.99 - 25% off coupon). Here is a pic:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay 009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	92319

The actual measurement from the top of the loop to the bottom of the bag is 8.5 inches, although in the pic it looks like the height of the bag is less than 8 inches (the measuring tape was not flush with the bag in the pic). But this bag is smaller than my everlasts 6 x 4 and 8x5. So maybe it's not that the ringside bag is a small 8 x 5, but that other bags are larger than what they are advertised as.

Also, forget about putting this on the chainlink swivel - the loop is wide and a little thicker than the 9 x 6 ringside loop. It barely fit on the ballhook. It is a light bag, and when I first pumped it up it brought back memories of my top contender 7 x 4. That bag was light as a feather and not so much fun to hit. the rebounds on that TC bag where "Flat" or "deadened" rebounds. Although this ringside bag is as small and as light as the top contender, the rebounds are quick and it does not feel like I am hitting air. I think it has to do with the everlast-like loop that these ringside bags have. The top contender loop was a long and flimsy loop. The ringside loops are thick and stiff.
    Here is the 8 x 5 compare with the 9 x 6:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	92320
    Last edited by riqal; 12-26-2008, 01:47 PM.
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Yer, know what you mean about the TC. I have a range of them, the 7x4, 9x6 and the 10x7. My TC 7x4 is also outta shape which further adds to the argument.

I also have the large version of your Ringside (11x7, I think) and its the quickest moving out of my larger bags.

About your loop problem; I myself have encountered this as i'm sure others have. My remedy to this (and i'd like to reiterate, the remedy I used is effective however may not suit everyone) is to use a leather hole punch, 6mm Dia would be adequate and simply punch half a hole in each side of the loop where it hangs on the hook
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
      .... the remedy I used is effective however may not suit everyone) is to use a leather hole punch, 6mm Dia would be adequate and simply punch half a hole in each side of the loop where it hangs on the hook
      Got a picture of this? I'm thinking you put the hook through the new holes (to shorten the strap), rather than hang it on end of the strap?
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

It won't let me post pic's.

put the hook through the new holes

Your concept sounds interesting though.
        Last edited by Roc Stone; 12-28-2008, 05:48 AM.
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
          It won't let me post pic's.

put the hook through the new holes

Your concept sounds interesting though.
          How big are the pics? There are size limits... try converting them to 640x480 size and JPG or JPEG format. or e-mail them to me and I'll convert them for you. PM me for the e-mail addy.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...