• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Ringside speed bag 9 x 6

sorry ...trying to figure out how to post pics....
    Last edited by riqal; 12-21-2008, 09:21 AM.
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Pictures

Originally posted by riqal View Post
    sorry ...trying to figure out how to post pics
    I just learned....
    Underneath this area we type in, there is a box called attach files....go to that and click manage attachments. TI will bring up a small screen and you should click choose file. It will go to your pics on your computer. Select one, then back in the "choose file" area, go to the right of that stuff and click "upload"...It will take a few seconds or more, and then your pic info should post in that area. Then preview your e-mail and it should be there!

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

here are the pics, finally!

from left to right in the 2nd picture with the six bags: everlast 6 x 4, everlast 8x 5, everlast 9 x 6, everlast 4200 9 x 6, ringside 9 x 6, and tuf-wear 10 x 7, the board is 24-inchdiameter

Click image for larger version

Name:	4200 and ringside.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	87251

Name:	ebay 001.jpg
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	87252

Name:	ebay 002.jpg
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	87253

Name:	ebay 003.jpg
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	87254

Name:	ebay 004.jpg
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	87255

Name:	ebay 005.jpg
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	87256

Name:	ebay 006.jpg
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	87257

Name:	ebay 007.jpg
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	87258

Comment

• dax_q
        • Jan 2008

That red and black everlast looks familiar. How is it hitting these days?
        -Dax

Comment

• riqal
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2006

dax, that fat little red and black everlast bag is hitting great! How about the Title and top contender?

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

The color in those pics was messed up because of the type of file each pic was saved as. The bags actually look better than how they look in the pics.

Comment

• dax_q
              • Jan 2008

I need to replace the bladder on the title. I like the way it hit though. I don't hit the top contender too much. It is a little too small. I am getting the everlast extra small bag in a couple of days. I look forward to hitting that one. Still like my title classic 5x8 the most.
              -Dax

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

Did the bladder in the title burst? Yes that top contender is too small - I wasn't too crazy about it. You will love that everlast extra small - I would say that it is my favorite bag. I'll have to get the title classic and see for myself how good it is. You should order the ringside bag - 24.99 plus an outrageous shipping cost, but it is still worth it. Mine is 9 x 6 but I think the 8 x 5 won't be too small. I'll probably order that one while they are still on sale. Merry Christmas and happy new year!!

Comment

• dax_q
                  • Jan 2008

I ended up patching it today. We'll see how it holds up.
                  -Dax

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
                    from left to right in the 2nd picture with the six bags: everlast 6 x 4, everlast 8x 5, everlast 9 x 6, everlast 4200 9 x 6, ringside 9 x 6, and tuf-wear 10 x 7, the board is 24-inchdiameter
                    that Sweet little Black 9x6 Everlast 4200 brings back tons of memories. they were exclusively on my hook for over 20+ years. Many a long ferious workout on those bags. Too bad you can't count on them anymore. For size and shape, it was par excellence. In my opinion, their lighter smaller 8x5 4204 wasn't as much fun to use.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• riqal
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      that Sweet little Black 9x6 Everlast 4200 brings back tons of memories. they were exclusively on my hook for over 20+ years. Many a long ferious workout on those bags. Too bad you can't count on them anymore. For size and shape, it was par excellence. In my opinion, their lighter smaller 8x5 4204 wasn't as much fun to use.
                      One thing I did to improve the performance of the 4200 was to rap a thin strip of electrical tape at the bottom of the loop. When I received the bag, the very first thing that I noticed about it was that it had an unusually long loop for an everlast bag. It is a thick and stiff loop, not soft and bendable like the title loops. Anyway, the tape solution has improved the speed an accuracy of the bag.

I have read the complaints about the 4200 posted on this forum. some said the shape was not to their liking, others said that the bag behaves erratically. Concerning the shape of the bag, you gotta remember that speed bags are not worn over our shoulders - they are made to take abuse. A bag that is not perfectly symetrical can still be an excellent bag. Also, you gotta give a bag time to break in. I wonder how many of the folks that complain about the 4200 took it off the swivel after only a few hours or even minutes of use never to put it back up again for a second chance?

Concerning the erratic behavior of the bag: put the 4200 on the everlast chainlink swivel (or any chainlink) and I'll bet that it wil move as straight as an arrow - I know mine did when I used the chainlink swivel. I currently use the plastic ballhook, and as Tim said you have to be more precise with your punching in order to take control of the movement of the bag. On the plastic ballhook, my 4200 can be all over the board if I am not paying attention to how and where I am throwing my punches. But ultimately, as Tim says, it will make you a better bagger by working on accuracy and percision punching.

For almost 20 years I used the 4204 exclusively - I was completely ignorant of other bags on the market, even other everlast bags. But I was happy with the 4204 when I was using it. Now that I have other bags, still hitting the 4204 would not be as much fun. It was a good bag, but the 4204 definitely would not be one of my favorites now compared with other bags I have tried.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...