Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Everlast swivel...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interesting Everlast swivel...

    The swivel pictured is from an Everlast board and bag purchased in 2000 ($59.99 model). I finally set it up in Sept. of 2008! The bag included was the Gyro 7X10 4214. After viewing the thread posted about all the various swivels, I didn't see this type. It looks like a transitional type. Maybe halfway between the older, discontinued #6 (all metal) and the newer #5 (plastic).
    Does anyone else own this or has anyone used this one?
    It has been fine for me and the O hook hasn't unthreaded from the metal ball at all. I just put some duct tape around the opening of the S and all's cool! Well, maybe that's cuz I bag like a snail! haha....
    This came to my attention because I just bought a second board. I bought the same model as I already own but the swivel that comes with it is the #5.
    KEEP ON BAGGIN'!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spinsmashpop; 12-14-2008, 03:49 AM. Reason: no attachments 1st time posted

  • #2
    Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    The swivel pictured is from an Everlast board and bag purchased in 2000 ($59.99 model). I finally set it up in Sept. of 2008! The bag included was the Gyro 7X10 4214. After viewing the thread posted about all the various swivels, I didn't see this type. It looks like a transitional type. Maybe halfway between the older, discontinued #6 (all metal) and the newer #5 (plastic).
    Does anyone else own this or has anyone used this one?
    It has been fine for me and the O hook hasn't unthreaded from the metal ball at all. I just put some duct tape around the opening of the S and all's cool! Well, maybe that's cuz I bag like a snail! haha....
    This came to my attention because I just bought a second board. I bought the same model as I already own but the swivel that comes with it is the #5.
    KEEP ON BAGGIN'!
    The Everlast ball hook went through several variations of hook shape changes and base plate changes. I think you are showing a two piece ball hook with the plastic base plate, which was the style sold in the late 1990-2000's. Basically, it had a plastic base plate that attaches to the board. It has plastic threads and you had to be careful not to overtighten the bottom metal housing so it would not strip or cut the plastic threads. Personally I had a few problems keeping the bottom housing tight for fear of striping the plastic threads on the base plate. ( I did that a few times).

    I had this style on my board for a long time.

    You can see and hear that swivel in You can see and hear that swivel in “jungle bill”

    and also in my speed bag history: 2:50 - 4:27

    "Take me home" variations 4:08 - 5:14sec

    It should work fine.
    Speed Bag

    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...


    sigpic

    The Art of the Bag

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks AK!

      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      The Everlast ball hook went through several variations of hook shape changes and base plate changes. I think you are showing a two piece ball hook with the plastic base plate, which was the style sold in the late 1990-2000's. Basically, it had a plastic base plate that attaches to the board. It has plastic threads and you had to be careful not to overtighten the bottom metal housing so it would not strip or cut the plastic threads. Personally I had a few problems keeping the bottom housing tight for fear of striping the plastic threads on the base plate. ( I did that a few times).

      I had this style on my board for a long time.

      You can see and hear that swivel in You can see and hear that swivel in “jungle bill”

      and also in my speed bag history: 2:50 - 4:27

      "Take me home" variations 4:08 - 5:14sec

      It should work fine.
      Man you are killin' it in in my speed bag history: 2:50 - 4:27 !!!! And I dig the sound of the swivel in question! Thanks for the info.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        Man you are killin' it in in my speed bag history: 2:50 - 4:27 !!!! And I dig the sound of the swivel in question! Thanks for the info.
        Ha! I used to be pretty fast on a 9x6 bag, which that is (4200). I didn't start hitting 8x5's until a few years after I shot that. Truth is, I probably can't go that fast now on an 8x5.

        By the way I still have that swivel up on a board in my garage. It's been there a long time.
        Speed Bag

        Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...


        sigpic

        The Art of the Bag

        Comment

        Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...
        X