• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

An improvement??

I got a new camera for Joe......or was it for me? Anyway, here's the latest video from me. It's been some time since making a video so you should see some improvement to the last......Well I hope so anyway!
    Hitting the Tittle Classic 5x8 and the Cleto Reyes 5x8
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
    I got a new camera for Joe......or was it for me? Anyway, here's the latest video from me. It's been some time since making a video so you should see some improvement to the last......Well I hope so anyway!
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kWreM0...e=channel_page
    Looking very nice on the pass throughs and linking. Perhaps a bit less "big arm swings" during certain mixes might help. But your timing is making it all work. On the Outward Elbows, you might try to turn your torso a bit more to set up the elbow angle, rather than pull your arm way across your body. It will take less shoulder motion and make it a bit easier to set up a Downward Elbow with the other arm (if you move to that..)
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Thanks very much Alan.
      I'll keep all that in mind. I think I should try putting a bit more air in the Title as it seems pretty dull compared to the Cleto. Seems like I'm using lots of effort to keep up the speed.

The kids say hi.

Comment

• Whippet
        • Nov 2008

That looks great - this is the stuff that inspires me a lot. Old dogs doing new tricks. Keep it up; maybe someday I'll be able to post a video myself. Not yet I'm afraid.

Dennis

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Whippet View Post
          That looks great - this is the stuff that inspires me a lot. Old dogs doing new tricks. Keep it up; maybe someday I'll be able to post a video myself. Not yet I'm afraid.

Dennis
          Glad you like it. Oh! thanks for the 'old dog' bit!
          Whippet, you don't need to be great to post a video. Doesn't matter what level you are, just go ahead and post. Each video I have posted has had great feed back on how to improve my skills. I don't go to a gym, so I train by myself, therefore I tend to pick up some bad habits or not quite doing moves correctly. Thanks to some great people in this forum, I have had some kind of online coaching.....Well that's the way I look at it.

Look forward to seeing your first video.

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Vin - You're showing nice progress; mixing it up pretty good. Nice going. How's little Joey, still beating on the bag?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Vin - You're showing nice progress; mixing it up pretty good. Nice going. How's little Joey, still beating on the bag?
              Hey thanks Biff!
              Joey's not keen on getting out in the cold! My hands were freezing while making that video. He's still putting his boxing gloves on and beating the s**t out of me. To be honest, it's difficult for me to get out in the winter, if it's not raining, it's freezing cold.

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Nice video UK!! i see you opted for the 5x8 cleto bag!! that bag is tiny and fast eh?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                  Nice video UK!! i see you opted for the 5x8 cleto bag!! that bag is tiny and fast eh?
                  Thanks fingers. Yeah, I ordered the 6x9 originaly, changed my mind about 3 days later and ordered the 5x8. It's fast alright! It makes the Title seem real slow.

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Definite improvement! Nice work. Very good range of moves in there.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Definite improvement! Nice work. Very good range of moves in there.
                      Thank-you very much Tim.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2007

Good Stuff UK!!!
                        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...