• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Punching at the Genesis Orlando Sportsplex

The Orlando Sportsplex (Genesis Gyms) has two XMark speed bag platforms. The Ringside bag is mine (might do a full review soon) and it's on an Hunter "Pro" Swivel. I know that's blasphemy - but it's actually NOT THAT BAD. Mostly back/forth hitting here, but I'll put up some other clips later that show "all around the bag" punching.

• dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

OK, Let me stop here for a minute and catch my breath............................................ ........................WOW.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
      OK, Let me stop here for a minute and catch my breath............................................ ........................WOW.
      One of the benefits of that style of swivel - it's lightning fast back and forth (it's EASY).

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

So, are you saying that the having a straight-line swivel is more conducive to speed and a ball is more conductive to control?

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
          So, are you saying that the having a straight-line swivel is more conducive to speed and a ball is more conductive to control?
          Yes- it's easier to go fast on a back/forth type swivel. There's a bit of liberty with where exactly you connect on the bag - and it won't go flying off to the side. The ball on the other hand you must be very precise.

For this reason, I don't plan on asking the gym to upgrade or change their swivels. there's really nobody else that hits bible style (I've showed some people, but most lose interest after a few minutes).

Comment

• dad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2018

Exactly! That's what makes "Bible Style" So "BEAUTIFUL".

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...