X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK mark
    • Nov 2018

Oak beam slab

Finally flattened the oak beam bonded slab to use as a quality drum for my adjustable platform that's almost complete too
    built myself a diy router sled and bought the correct router bit
    Resin on order to full in the natural cracks ..I'm going with a gold in fill to match the frame with is also going to be gold powder coated with black logos
    Attached Files
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

That is some beautiful stock, WOW! It sounds like you have this under great control (would like to see a picture of your router sled) sound cool. Please do not over sand the bonding edges some of those "natural cracks" will help to strengthen that bond. This is an awesome personal journey. Thank YOU for sharing all of this with us.

Comment

• UK mark
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by dad View Post
      That is some beautiful stock, WOW! It sounds like you have this under great control (would like to see a picture of your router sled) sound cool. Please do not over sand the bonding edges some of those "natural cracks" will help to strengthen that bond. This is an awesome personal journey. Thank YOU for sharing all of this with us.
      Thanks, I've now got the stock cut into a circle using the router, next step is to drill the mounting holes then apply a coat of either oil or lacquer....also frame is now powder coated and looks awesome, can't wait to show you all the finished platform
      Attached Files

Comment

• UK mark
        • Nov 2018

A clearer view of the diy router sled I built to flatten the oak slab ...
        Attached Files

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

Great job man, love the frame looks really solid and the powder coat looks great. That drum is really coming along, can't wait to see the end results. But I have to say be a wood worker for the majority of my life, I love the simplicity of your router sled. Wonderful Please keep us posted.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it done.
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• UK mark
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it done.
              Finally got the drum sanded, finished and now Danish oiled 1 side and the edge, also got the mounting plate cut to size, just need to weld the threaded pipe to it , paint and logos then yay ... start using it
              Attached Files

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

Beautiful piece of work. Keep us posted.

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

NICE work!!!
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by UK mark View Post

Finally got the drum sanded, finished and now Danish oiled 1 side and the edge, also got the mounting plate cut to size, just need to weld the threaded pipe to it , paint and logos then yay ... start using it
                    That looks great!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...