X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK mark
    • Nov 2018

Adjustable platform

Ventured into making an adjustable speedbag platform, steel box section with 3 inch steel threaded pipe, this will be for myself to use in the garage, I've also got 3x beams of Solid oak ( 3
    Attached Files
  • UK mark
    • Nov 2018

It seems half of the description is missing... 3

Comment

• dad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2018

Looks really interesting. Is the adjustability function performed by the threads in the pipe? Also, is the pipe hollow all the way to the bottom?

Comment

• UK mark
        • Nov 2018

Yeah I've had the hollow pipe machined to the same thread pitch as the collars, fine pitch for less movement, then another collar to act as a lock nut when desired height is required

Comment

• UK mark
          • Nov 2018

Originally posted by dad View Post
          Looks really interesting. Is the adjustability function performed by the threads in the pipe? Also, is the pipe hollow all the way to the bottom?
          Yeah pipe is hollow as a solid pipe would probably be so expensive and heavy

Comment

• dad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2018

Looking forward to seeing it perform. I asked about the pipe because if it is hollow, you might think about filling it with fine beach sand. Keep us posted please.

Comment

• UK mark
              • Nov 2018

Looking forward to seeing it perform. I asked about the pipe because if it is hollow, you might think about filling it with fine beach sand. Keep us posted please.
              Ah , good idea, I'll definitely try that
              was also thinking about attaching mini struts to the outer perimeter of the top face of the drum to the pipe somehow

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

OK, but I think I'm losing something here, where exactly is the drum going to attach, the short part of the threaded pipe?

Comment

• UK mark
                  • Nov 2018

OK, but I think I'm losing something here, where exactly is the drum going to attach, the short part of the threaded pipe?
                  Oh ...let me explain, the threaded pipe is too long at the moment as it's still in its fabrication stage, I've left it long as I've been welding it all together, now I'm at the stage where I can cut the pipe down to the required length, the drum will be mounted to a steel plate that will also be welded to the bottom of the pipe, similar to the platform by first rate boxing

Comment

• dad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2018

Got it. What range of the adjustability are you looking for?

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

Nice project! Keep posting as you go & best of luck. This is a lot of work, but it will be worth it.
                      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...