• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2021

My New Setup!

Hey All! Excited to join the Community!

Setup is finally complete after waiting for everything to come in the mail to Canada. (And paying duties on much of it ) But now that it's done I'm excited to start bagging again.

Had a regular bag in a barn when I was a kid and just did some basic stuff. Went down the rabbit hole like many here on how much bible bagging has to offer. Love the high ceiling of skill acquisition to keep me interested for a long time.

SETUP:
    - 2x12s with lag bolts into cinder blocks and Rafter wood. Platform bolted to the 2x12s
    - 1.5 inch butcher block adjustable platform with 50lbs of sand on top
    - firstlaw fitness ball and hook swivel
    - 4 Title Boxing Super Speed Bags from 5x8 to 8x11 and the 5x7 title lighting bag - heavy bag mount to hold my bags, broom hand mount to hold my bag pump, and a hook for my ring and watch while bagging

It's VERY overkill I know, but I don't like to half ass and redo things later. My only complaint on this setup is the platform is close to the frame making it difficult for reverse hits especially with the larger bags. But this setup should do me very well for quite some time.

My biggest problem now is that my arms burn out in 5 minutes at the moment being so new! hahaha. Have to go out like 3 to 5 times a day just to do it for 15 minutes.... hopefully that's something that adjusts quick and I can do it for longer.

Wish me and my sissy shoulders luck!

Chris
  • Sambista
    • Sep 2021

sweet, mate! Good luck with it all.

Comment

• CMPunk4500
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2021

Looks good man , nice rig

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

Ginger, really beautiful set-up. Like the fact that you used lag bolts w/ washers into the concrete blocks (really solid). Be careful of the bolts in the sill plate, great way to go again (really solid) but they can transmit vibrations through the walls. Really nice job.

Comment

• Ginger
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2021

Had to go up into the rafters a bit due to the low ceiling. Mounting on just the blocks the platform was too low since I'm 6-2 and have some taller friends.

What kind of issue can the vibrations cause from having some of the lags into the sill?

Originally posted by dad View Post
          Ginger, really beautiful set-up. Like the fact that you used lag bolts w/ washers into the concrete blocks (really solid). Be careful of the bolts in the sill plate, great way to go again (really solid) but they can transmit vibrations through the walls. Really nice job.

Comment

• dad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2018

Your wife screaming at you to stop because the plastered walls are cracking in your bedroom. Yup, that was me. However in all fairness I have mounted on the floor rafters. Great experience because I ended up building a great stand - a - lone set-up.

Comment

• Ginger
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2021

ok you had me worried something more serious. Luckily this is just in my garage so no worries there.

Originally posted by dad View Post
              Your wife screaming at you to stop because the plastered walls are cracking in your bedroom. Yup, that was me. However in all fairness I have mounted on the floor rafters. Great experience because I ended up building a great stand - a - lone set-up.

Comment

• dad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2018

Yours looks fine only had two bolts in it and the bottom arrangement of bolt in the blocks was prefect, looked really sound. Enjoy the bagging, I'm sure you will find it is a really great place to go to exercise the body in a challenging way, but just as importantly clear the head and refreshed the mind. Good to hear from you, ENJOY

Comment

• JordonC2
                  • Jul 2021

Great set-up! I think this is the solution I have been looking for, my platform is a few inches too tall.
                  Cant wait to get home and see if this will give me enough room.
                  Thank you for your idea and the photos.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                    Hey All! Excited to join the Community!

Setup is finally complete after waiting for everything to come in the mail to Canada. (And paying duties on much of it ) But now that it's done I'm excited to start bagging again.

Had a regular bag in a barn when I was a kid and just did some basic stuff. Went down the rabbit hole like many here on how much bible bagging has to offer. Love the high ceiling of skill acquisition to keep me interested for a long time.

SETUP:
                    - 2x12s with lag bolts into cinder blocks and Rafter wood. Platform bolted to the 2x12s
                    - 1.5 inch butcher block adjustable platform with 50lbs of sand on top
                    - firstlaw fitness ball and hook swivel
                    - 4 Title Boxing Super Speed Bags from 5x8 to 8x11 and the 5x7 title lighting bag - heavy bag mount to hold my bags, broom hand mount to hold my bag pump, and a hook for my ring and watch while bagging

It's VERY overkill I know, but I don't like to half ass and redo things later. My only complaint on this setup is the platform is close to the frame making it difficult for reverse hits especially with the larger bags. But this setup should do me very well for quite some time.

My biggest problem now is that my arms burn out in 5 minutes at the moment being so new! hahaha. Have to go out like 3 to 5 times a day just to do it for 15 minutes.... hopefully that's something that adjusts quick and I can do it for longer.

Wish me and my sissy shoulders luck!

Chris

Hey, that's one really sweet setup! And that's quite a chain of bags you've got!

Keep Punching!
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MarcoAmara
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Dec 2021

It looks nice. Good work mate.

Comment

• JoMan2
                        • Dec 2020

Looking good ! Which adjustable platform are you using ?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...