X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DizzyD
    • Jun 2020

Develop accurate SDP

Well, I’m now trying to learn things sideways, here the SDP and have to say, that the whole side-punching doesn’t feel really comfortable. Now I had the first time for days, when it worked that well:

Really hard to learn for me.

Hope that gets better with time. I have read besides the bible the forum for this particular move, and found also Alan’s video really helpful https://youtu.be/4F7ErYaMX-I

My Problem with this move is, that most of the times I just only strive the bag with the second fist (or even just miss it, like you see in the first try). It gets better when I try to get in the move with the first fist more from a side angle, than from front/side.

Are there any suggestions how to best learn and master this move? I appreciate any hints and tips
  • AlfredGaebeli
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2020

I hope this helps. Otherwise, blame your swivel. :P

Comment

• DizzyD
      • Jun 2020

Thanks for your effort and your explanations Alfred! Helps to see how you perform the side-punches. Seems like your punching is also more side-angled than I do. Have to check that when I get to the bag. And also I have to check-out the “T-Rex”, haven’t heard that before :-)

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by AlfredGaebeli View Post
        I hope this helps. Otherwise, blame your swivel. :P

Alfred, this is an EXCELLENT video!! great explanation! #Proud
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DizzyD View Post
          Well, I’m now trying to learn things sideways, here the SDP and have to say, that the whole side-punching doesn’t feel really comfortable. Now I had the first time for days, when it worked that well:

Really hard to learn for me.

Hope that gets better with time. I have read besides the bible the forum for this particular move, and found also Alan’s video really helpful https://youtu.be/4F7ErYaMX-I

My Problem with this move is, that most of the times I just only strive the bag with the second fist (or even just miss it, like you see in the first try). It gets better when I try to get in the move with the first fist more from a side angle, than from front/side.

Are there any suggestions how to best learn and master this move? I appreciate any hints and tips
          In your video you look very good actually. just need a bit more consistency. I personally prefer that lead fist to hit 'the front" area because it lets me get "behind" the bag a bit easier that from the side position and it also lets me follow a SDP to a Front Fist Roll a bit easier. The key is that 2nd fist of the SDP. after it hits the side of the bag, I bring it to "front" and I have a lot more options than if I force it over to the other "side position" which pretty much make me have to do another SDP.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• AlfredGaebeli
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2020

DizzyD You haven't heard it before because I made it up. The technical bible-term would be: continuous alternating side double punches, or short, T-Rex. :P

Speedbag Thank you Alan, this means a lot coming from you! I am happy to tell you that I learned it solely by reading the bible and practice.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by AlfredGaebeli View Post
              DizzyD You haven't heard it before because I made it up. The technical bible-term would be: continuous alternating side double punches, or short, T-Rex. :P

Speedbag Thank you Alan, this means a lot coming from you! I am happy to tell you that I learned it solely by reading the bible and practice.
              Awesome. Makes me glad I wrote it!
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DizzyD
                • Jun 2020

Thanks for your feedback, Alan. Good motivation to keep going that way. I can imagine that getting the second fist to the front offers more options. I have practiced yesterday and even in combination with the O-DES or FDP the front position of the second fist makes it more easy to link to the next move I think. ...but first I have to get these SDP done right.

Comment

• DizzyD
                  • Jun 2020

...short intermediate status from my place. With a lot of training this week it’s really going forward and feels more natural from day to day

Comment

• AlfredGaebeli
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • May 2020

That does look decent; I like that! Keep it up dude.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...