X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK mark
    • Nov 2018

Hulk platform

So here's my latest creation, same frame as I've done previously but in Kawasaki green to match a gym's colour scheme which was pretty spot on
    the drum is extra thick to try to minimize vibration through the gym's walls 75mm thick quality hardwood ply, brass inserts for the swivel, put a lot of effort and attention to detail into this one, can't wait to get feedback and videos of the guys using it
    Attached Files
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

The Hulk reminds me of a fellow bagger who made a Hulk platform and fitted it with my Arc Gamma swivel. (And yes, Gamma was a nod to Marvel's Incredible Hulk)

@ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• UK mark
      • Nov 2018

Here's me pressing the screen to play the video haha

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jun 2019

Great work...beefy and beautiful!

Comment

• UK mark
          • Nov 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
          Great work...beefy and beautiful!
          Thanks ...its certainly got some weight to it, feel sorry for the guy who's fitting it up on the wall

Comment

• Cazbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Seeing it with the green in the background makes it look right at home. Well done!

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Well Mark, looks like very high quality stuff. I'm sure it doesn't disappoint. Big Thumbs Up!!
              Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• UK mark
                • Nov 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                Well Mark, looks like very high quality stuff. I'm sure it doesn't disappoint. Big Thumbs Up!!
                Thanks, my next one I'm thinking of solid oak beams cut, planed and glued together for the drum and maybe polishing the steel frame with a coat of clear lacquer

Comment

• Zaz
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2018

The Hulk platform seems to lives up to its name. I'm sure you made a lot of boxers happy with with this platform!

Comment

• BagBoy
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by UK mark View Post

Thanks, my next one I'm thinking of solid oak beams cut, planed and glued together for the drum and maybe polishing the steel frame with a coat of clear lacquer
                    For our 20th anniversary my wife wants to do a trip through the UK. If it actually happens I might find my way to your neck of the woods and buy one of those. It all depends on finding someone we trust to live with our Bullmastiff for two weeks.
                    Attached Files
                    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
                      • Feb 2020

Since you're using a fixed platform at your gym for multiple hitters,what height will
                      install at? Nice work on the plate by the way! I have some cypress beams thinking
                      about cutting one up to make a plate, plane and glue like you want to do with oak

Comment

• UK mark
                        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

For our 20th anniversary my wife wants to do a trip through the UK. If it actually happens I might find my way to your neck of the woods and buy one of those. It all depends on finding someone we trust to live with our Bullmastiff for two weeks.
                        That would be great if you did, let me know if you are then I could do you a custom colour one if colours are available

Comment

• UK mark
                          • Nov 2018

Originally posted by pinzpirate View Post
                          Since you're using a fixed platform at your gym for multiple hitters,what height will
                          install at? Nice work on the plate by the way! I have some cypress beams thinking
                          about cutting one up to make a plate, plane and glue like you want to do with oak
                          Think its going to be up fairly high but not out of reach as he's going to have different sized boxes ect for his clients to stand on
                          if u do that with the wood please share pics on here as I'd love to see the stages from start to finish

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jul 2019

Love the color of that Hulk platform. It looks like it is ready for a mean workout!!!!

Comment

• Cazbag
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by UK mark View Post
                              Here's me pressing the screen to play the video haha
                              Ha you weren't alone there!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...