X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaz
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Baggin with brdelacruz's stainless steel swivel and Ringside Heritage 6 inch

Hello everyone. Here's a short video of me baggin with the Ringside Heritage 6 inch and brdelacruz’s stainless steel swivel. There’s nothing new or special here as far as techniques, but i wanted to make a video with my new swivel and a different bag.

The Ringside Heritage bag is a lot bigger and a bit slower than he Title Perilous i used in my previous video. I wanted to use it for the video because in one of my previous post, i wrongly stated that the stainless steel swivel wasn’t compatible with the thick loop of the Heritage bags. I also added pictures to show that they are compatible.

The stainless steel swivel is really well made, smooth, fast and heavy duty. It weight more than a pound! I put some dry lube on the ball and it made the swivel even faster. Also, Butch put a small piece of rubber tube on the shaft to protect the shaft and housing and also to lessen the noise. The stainless steel swivel much quieter and a lot better than my Everlast metal ball-hook swivel.

I love my Arc swivels and i just have positive things to say about them, but i remember seeing a video of jaja6009 who recommended to buy both swivels, you can never have enough back ups since you never know when they will stop being made. I followed his advise. Also, i try to use different bag for each of my workout, i think it helps develop hand-eye coordination. Now i also change my swivels from time to time. The Arc and the Stainless steel swivels are awesome! Butch and Rusty are very talented! Congrats to both of you guys!

Attached Files
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Zaz, first let me complement you on the bagging. I really like the tempo most of all. This is a vid where you can close your eyes and be soothed and tranced by the tempo. Few baggers do this well.

About Butch's stainless swivel, I am a fan. Somebody installed that swivel up on a platform at SBX and a bunch of us had lots of fun hitting bags under it. At SBX, his swivel did not have the black rubber stem guard. And it was loud. But loud in a great way! It sounded like small arms fire. Or maybe some fire crackers when G-Town was pounding on it. We all enjoyed that swivel.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Mickey Dix
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jul 2019

Very good speedbagging there Zaz.The linking between techniques is very smooth. Thanks for sharing the video. I have not tried the brdelacruz’s swivels although by the video they seem top notch.

Comment

• brdelacruz
        • Jul 2018

Zaz, thank you for sharing this video. Nice bagging and a great looking platform you have there. And to everyone, thanks for the feedback,

Comment

• Zaz
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          Zaz, first let me complement you on the bagging. I really like the tempo most of all. This is a vid where you can close your eyes and be soothed and tranced by the tempo. Few baggers do this well.

About Butch's stainless swivel, I am a fan. Somebody installed that swivel up on a platform at SBX and a bunch of us had lots of fun hitting bags under it. At SBX, his swivel did not have the black rubber stem guard. And it was loud. But loud in a great way! It sounded like small arms fire. Or maybe some fire crackers when G-Town was pounding on it. We all enjoyed that swivel.
          Thanks Rusty! I played bass for many years and I think it helped me a lot with my rhythm.

Comment

• Zaz
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post
            Very good speedbagging there Zaz.The linking between techniques is very smooth. Thanks for sharing the video. I have not tried the brdelacruz’s swivels although by the video they seem top notch.
            Thanks Mickey! Butch's swivels are really well made. You won't be disappointed if you buy one.

Comment

• Zaz
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by brdelacruz View Post
              Zaz, thank you for sharing this video. Nice bagging and a great looking platform you have there. And to everyone, thanks for the feedback,
              You’re welcome! In fact, i’m the one who should thank you for making this awesome swivel!

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

Thanks Mickey! Butch's swivels are really well made. You won't be disappointed if you buy one.
                I'll second that! When Butch sends you a swivel its like getting a little Sherman tank in in the mail. Great Video ZAZ!!!
                Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Cazbag
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2018

Awesome vid and awesome piece! Butch's beast is a must for a good collection. I dont think I can add anything else that was already said. Thanks for posting Zaz great shyte you put oot.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jun 2019

Always a joy watching you hit, Zaz, great video! Now just take back all these Canadian Geese and all will be well.

Comment

• Zaz
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

I'll second that! When Butch sends you a swivel its like getting a little Sherman tank in in the mail. Great Video ZAZ!!!
                      Thanks BagBoy, I had the same feeling when I took the Butch’s swivel in my hand for the first time. I was not thinking specifically of the Sherman tank, but to some kind of war machine.

Comment

• Zaz
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
                        Awesome vid and awesome piece! Butch's beast is a must for a good collection. I dont think I can add anything else that was already said. Thanks for posting Zaz great shyte you put oot.
                        Thanks Cazbag! I agree that the Arc and Butch's swivels are a must for every fans of Ball-hook swivels.

Comment

• Zaz
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
                          Always a joy watching you hit, Zaz, great video! Now just take back all these Canadian Geese and all will be well.
                          Lol! Thanks LouisvilleBagr! I can't wait for the geese to come back here, they bring springtime with them! The temperature is still very cold here… (-35 Fahrenheit last week ).
                          Last edited by Zaz; 02-25-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Jim Walker
                            • Dec 2018

Really smooth and rhythmic Zaz, something I have not achieved. That drum is something else. I thought it was cold here today at +40 degrees.

Comment

• Zaz
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Jim Walker View Post
                              Really smooth and rhythmic Zaz, something I have not achieved. That drum is something else. I thought it was cold here today at +40 degrees.
                              Thanks Jim! In your last video, i saw you perform techniques that i still can't do. You are an excellent bagger!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...