X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

This should help you visualize the epoxy resin possibilities. This is from the guy who made my drum.

@ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaz
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      This should help you visualize the epoxy resin possibilities. This is from the guy who made my drum.

Wow this is amazing!

Comment

• Mickey Dix
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jul 2019

That is really cool

Comment

• UK mark
          • Nov 2018

Yes, the epoxy is a very hard surface. Also the resin is very heavy. It probably depends on how much epoxy resin is used around the wood. You have to take care while drilling, it can chip. I chose to embed brass threaded inserts so I would not need thru holes on the bottom of my platform. It mounts to the top side only. Very nice.
          Thanks for the heads up on the thread inserts , thanks for the info too , much appreciated

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

That's it! I want to live in there!
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• UK mark
              • Nov 2018

Bought myself a woodworking router and going to attempt to cut the wooden drums myself to save on paying for it to be done , has any of you guys done it? Any tips ?
              also I've found nearby a guy selling solid oak lengths of timber thinking about cutting to size, gluing together waxing/varnishing and filling in the cracks with colour epoxy resin , any good on this too ?
              Pic below is oak timber available
              Attached Files

Comment

• Zaz
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2018

Before gluing the oak beams together, be sure that the humidity level of the wood is below 11-12%. I saw people trying to glue humid wood without drying it and the wood and joints started cracking as soon as the wood got more dry.

Comment

• UK mark
                  • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Zaz View Post
                  Before gluing the oak beams together, be sure that the humidity level of the wood is below 11-12%. I saw people trying to glue humid wood without drying it and the wood and joints started cracking as soon as the wood got more dry.
                  Ah thanks for that, I'll have to invest in a moisture measuring device

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...