X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK mark
    • Nov 2018

Boxing gym

So finally got one of my speedbag platforms up in a boxing gym locally to me , it's been up a few weeks now, I popped down Saturday morning to see how it's been received ..ex professional boxer Glyn Rhodes MBE from Sheffield, uk said "it's been used by all levels of boxers including me , that thing is solid it's going nowhere" can't keep the guys off it , he's fitted his own swivel and cleto reyes speedbag
    now to try and get more made and get them in other boxing gyms
  • UK mark
    • Nov 2018

Oh that's ex professional boxer Glyn Rhodes on the speedbag

Comment

• UK mark
      • Nov 2018

And young boxers and up and coming champs giving it a blast too

Comment

• Zaz
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2018

It’s very kind of you to make speed bag platforms for boxing gyms. I visited some boxing gym that didn’t have one. I could hardly believe my eyes!

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Very cool, mark. Congrats. It seems Sheffield is a hotbed for boxing and boxing gyms. You would think Philadelphia would be too, but its not, not any more.
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

It occurs to me if you really wanted to make swivels like that faster, you could recess the swivel into the drum, either part way or the whole way. As long as the u-bolt pin remains at or below the drum, it would make it faster.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Mark, that is really, Really cool!!
              Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• UK mark
                • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Zaz View Post
                It’s very kind of you to make speed bag platforms for boxing gyms. I visited some boxing gym that didn’t have one. I could hardly believe my eyes!
                That's crazy ...it seems like there a dying tool in boxing gyms these days

Comment

• UK mark
                  • Nov 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                  Very cool, mark. Congrats. It seems Sheffield is a hotbed for boxing and boxing gyms. You would think Philadelphia would be too, but its not, not any more.
                  Kel brook fought De Luca this weekend gone , Kel is also from Sheffield , he trains in the ingles gym , famously owned by the late Brendan ingle who was Prince Naseems coach too
                  id have thought Philly was a hot bed with all the gyms on Instagram situated in Philly

Comment

• UK mark
                    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                    Mark, that is really, Really cool!!
                    Thank you , just seen it being used by an ex professional boxer, giving it all he had ...I'm proud to say it was solid as a rock

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jul 2019

That’s an awesome setup, very sturdy.Its nice when a plan comes together.You must be very proud that one of your platforms is being used in a professional boxing gym.

Comment

• UK mark
                        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post
                        That’s an awesome setup, very sturdy.Its nice when a plan comes together.You must be very proud that one of your platforms is being used in a professional boxing gym.
                        Over the moon, makes all the time and effort all worthwhile , on the back of that I've got another boxing coach wanting one for his gym too

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jul 2019

I am sure as others use the platform word will spread.Very cool that another gym would like your platform.Is Speed king the name of the platform? I do not see much branding (which I like) but it would be good if other baggers could find out where to get one for there home.

Comment

• UK mark
                            • Nov 2018

I am sure as others use the platform word will spread.Very cool that another gym would like your platform.Is Speed king the name of the platform? I do not see much branding (which I like) but it would be good if other baggers could find out where to get one for there home.
                            Yeah Speedking is my branding I've named this platform the 'speedking tw1' as in triangle wood 1
                            ive got an Instagram account ( speedkingboxing ) that's been up a few months, yet to create a website as was concentrating on getting a few up in the gyms to get some promotion pics and videos so I can then launch the website with those on showing how solid it is, due to working my normal job it's hard to find spare time to dedicate to this , although my dream is to be able to producing these full time and also sell my own branded boxing/fitness accessories

Comment

• UK mark
                              • Nov 2018

I'll look into how much it is to ship the frame to the US , as I'm in the UK then who ever buys one can have a drum made up to their own spec maybe

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...