• Oct 2016

interesting old swivel on eBay

saw this on eBay attached to a nice vintage bag

@ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

never mind, figured out its just one of those old hollow ball kind with the original s-hook removed and a leather strap used instead.
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Actually, they made this type of swivel to accept a rope, which was attached to either a wooden ball, or sometimes a small wood cone that was placed in the neck of the bag and secured with the laces. If you ever get a chance to see a really old bag, they don't have a loop on them. This is why. The early Nichols swivels were made this way.

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

Thank you so much Dutchman that cool information.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jun 2019

I have a screened in room running off the basement. I have all my heavy bag mounts out there. I have plans to take a corner and set something like this....

Comment

• UK mark
            • Nov 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
            I have a screened in room running off the basement. I have all my heavy bag mounts out there. I have plans to take a corner and set something like this....

https://youtu.be/8N-VYSAnXC4
            Now that set up looks awesome... especially the other vid below it on YouTube ...are these size bags still available to buy ?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...