• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Some say I go a bit over the top

Hey Guy's.

This is my latest drum. I've been using it for about he last 3-4 months now so I thought I'd make a vid and give you blokes a look.

Like my new drum??? Lets me get a little more involved... The 2nd half is better than the 1st
    Last edited by Roc Stone; 04-12-2008, 04:55 AM.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Wow, what a THICK drum you have!

Does the video really reflect the timbre of the sound? I would think a board that thick would have a deeper, fuller sound than this video reflects. Perhaps it the video quality or sound processes in the upload that makes it sound higher.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2007

Without going too much into the 'timbre' effect; when I built the drum I was striving to achieve something that had a resonating sound, trying to get some type of harmony. I do get a different pitch out of all of my bags and I am hearing several different pitches and waves of vibration out of the everlast B/H swivel.

The flange holding the B/H swivel has steadily (over time) elongated on all of the planes, more on the forwards, backwards than on the left and the right. What was a hole is now in the early stages of looking more like a 4 point star. In my opinion this is a major contributing factor with the pitch of our 'click' friend in these types of swivels,the click sound is probably louder than the bag hitting the drum.

The drum is simply made up of 3 tiers of 25mm marine ply which I jig-sawed into 33" disks, then glued em & screwed em. The plan was to get a 1" tapper, facing down, cut off the profile, hoping it might add to whatever sound I can get out of this drum. I have since found out that it would take a CNC machine to cut an edge 75mm or > thick, so thats been put on hold 4 the moment. I'd like to finish it off with a deco krypton green skin and a mahogany profile, I did consider a picture of nice girlie bits such as DD breasts or a nice bubble butt G-string and that may still happen, but for now my next mission is to put a tapper down that profile.
      Last edited by Roc Stone; 04-13-2008, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Looks very thick, that is attached direct to the ceiling ?

Comment

• Roc Stone
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2007

Na! Just screwed to the wall.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...