• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

We're back!

The hosting company had a server problem.

Nothing has been lost...

Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Man, my day just isn't complete without reading the current postings.

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

agreed
      ________
      WEB SHOWS
      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I hate that dreaded message: "..can't find the server" ahh! Oh well, I was out of town a couple days without access.

Glad we're back up. I actually hit a little to post a few video's and my computer is tripping on recognizing my sony camcorder. It recognizes it when I turn it on, but as soon as windows movie maker opens to import video, it errors out and says "device not recognized..." and closes out. Does the same on 3 computers, so I imagine it is a problem in the Digital out chip in the camera. Or a bad wire.

irritating...
        Last edited by Speedbag; 07-25-2007, 05:22 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          I hate that dreaded message: "..can't find the server" ahh! Oh well, I was out of town a couple days without access.

Glad we're back up. I actually hit a little to post a few video's and my computer is tripping on recognizing my sony camcorder. It recognizes it when I turn it on, but as soon as windows movie maker opens to import video, it errors out and says "device not recognized..." and closes out. Does the same on 3 computers, so I imagine it is a problem in the Digital out chip in the camera. Or a bad wire.

irritating...
          Are all your drivers up to date? What OS? I've had some funky problems with Vista, but a Google search on the problem has always found me a quick answer.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            I Does the same on 3 computers, so I imagine it is a problem in the Digital out chip in the camera. Or a bad wire.
            Yep, that's not a good sign (happening on 3 different computers).

Is that a firewire cable? Don't hear of those going bad too often, but it's not impossible either.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Yep, that's not a good sign (happening on 3 different computers).

Is that a firewire cable? Don't hear of those going bad too often, but it's not impossible either.
              Yes, it's firewire. I did have a similiar problem in my Sony TRV-330. I returned it to the factory, and they said the Digital out circuit board was blown. This is a Sony TRV-480, but it is a slightly different problem. The computer recognizes it for a few seconds, then drops it, which indicates a bad connection or other problem. This camcorder also has USB out but I can't find the DVD for the software driver. Finding it as a download relates it to a software program that is apparently on the disk that I also didn't load.

I may have to scrap the DV input and go through the analog output to my exterior digital converter, but that is a pain to have to hook up and I'll get a lower quality import. Oh well.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...