• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

Pre & Post Workout

what do you guys eat / drink before and after your workouts?

today i did a quick lower body workout and a 15 minute core workout consisting of squats 10x3, calf raises 15x3, and dead lifts 10x2 for the lower body

and reverse crunches 15x2, slow situps 15x2 and wrist to knee-ups 30x2 (15 each side)

i had a cereal bar for a little energy and a glass of water pre workout

post workout i made a shake concisting of

400ml skimmed milk (about 12g's protein)
    2tbl spoons of reduced fat peanut butter (6g's protein)
    2 scoops of maximuscle progain (32.4g's protein)
    1 frozen banana

which was pretty sickly but tasted 1000x better than progain and water

i also fancied some food so i mixed

1 tin of beans 16g's protein
    1 tin of tuna 25.5g's protein + omega 3

together and micro'd with a combined protain content of about 41.5g's of protein

all together i consumed aproximately 90g's of protein woop woop!
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

Ok so how much do you weigh ? At first I thought you are taking in too much protein - but looking at it now.... you are not getting enough - unless you are a 118 lb weight lifter....

Rule of thumb -

if you are sedentary - multiply your weight by .4 grams to get protein
    Runner - .6 grams
    Weightlifter - .8 grams

here is what I personally do ..... I am primarily a racquetball player and runner. now I don't do much - due to two newborns in the house....

I would run 5 to 6 miles average about 4 times a week - then a 7 to 8 mile run on the weekends. I would do this before breakfast, so my body burns more fat, not carbs for energy. Then I would focus on eggs and meats (chicken, steak, fish) - brekfast after my run would always be, juice, with two or 3 Wasa crakers with peanut butter and jelly - peanut butter is really good....
    never counted the protein like you do.... but I should be taking in 120 grams as a runner / general exerciser for my 200lbs body.

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

im not exactly sure on my weight, maybee 11 stone ish, not sure about that in lbs.... thats just an average post workout meal / drink i have atm while im training at home, not taking it obsessively serious jsut making sure im having a higher protein level in all my meals + an extra post wortkout meal and seing reasonable results for a beginner

joining the gym soon then ill take it more seriously and do a proper diet plan and get some decent suppliments on the go

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

Well you both have very specific diets to maximize results. I have one I swear by, and although I'm not very big, I have what you call "illegal alien" strength. I got this from Maxim mag.(I read it for the articles):
        Ultimate Muscle Building Shake-
        1 cup strawberries
        1/2 banana
        1/2 cup cranberry juice
        3/4 cup milk
        1 cup ice cubes
        1 scoop whey powder
        1 scoop creatine powder
        Remember to take this AFTER your workout for best results.

Comment

• SupergeZ
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2007

sounds a good shake u got their buddy, got the powders and milk for your protein and the fruit for energy to replace lost sugars, and ofcourse to make the powders taste nice! :P

nothing worse than trying to drink protein powders mixed with just water!

Comment

• jaguiler
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
            Well you both have very specific diets to maximize results. I have one I swear by, and although I'm not very big, I have what you call "illegal alien" strength. I got this from Maxim mag.(I read it for the articles):
            Ultimate Muscle Building Shake-
            1 cup strawberries
            1/2 banana
            1/2 cup cranberry juice
            3/4 cup milk
            1 cup ice cubes
            1 scoop whey powder
            1 scoop creatine powder
            Remember to take this AFTER your workout for best results.
            add protien powder to a "smoothie" or "daquerie" and it becomes a mans drink !

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Yeah, kinda like drinking motor oil!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...