• Show
Clear All
  • Porter
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2015

Intro and first post from Oz

Hey there,
    Hello to you from Victoria Australia.
    What a spooky little forum you have here, I love it!

This is my first week of speed bagging, and i have the knuckles to prove it,
    mainly because i couldn't wait until i bought some hand protection...
    So now I have to wait until i have some hand protection

I have a 9x6 bag on a Jim Bradley swivel, on a stand-alone punching bag stand. It can get a little shuddery but weighted down a fair bit and it sorts it self out and settles down.

So about me,
    I am a 42 year old 6'3" push-up addict, and part time practitioner of Arnis.
    Thus far i have found out that us tall fellas seem to have a disadvantage over you short armed fellas on the bag, distance and getting long arms to rotate real fast seem to be something of an art to learn.

But, it is all coming together, i tend to use the old James Brown classic and Liston favorite, night train. It took a while to learn a good rhythm and be consistent, but i can stick with it for about 2-3 minutes, not the whole song yet though.

My bag and I have learned to respect each other already, this is mainly due to the fact that i have done the old punch and slip as i walk past it out to the garage, only to have it nail me in the back of the head on the way through....i tend not to do that anymore....

Well, good to meet you all, and I look forward to your advice when i get some vid's and pics up.

Regards,
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Welcome aboard! Australia has a long history of working the speed ball. Check this out,

I've never been to Oz, but must say, Go Pies!

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Yes... welcome to the forum...and yes, it can get a little spooky in here!
      Teach that bag who's boss & post some video when you can. There's a TON of information here and all the support you could ever hope for.
      Cheers!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Porter
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Welcome aboard! Australia has a long history of working the speed ball. Check this out,

I've never been to Oz, but must say, Go Pies!
        the Pies!! oh no man!! lol !! and here i am just about to compliment you on such a great link!
        Seriously, they are fantastic cards mate, much appreciated!

Hey there ventanakaz and Zaza, thanks guys, will have to get some pics and vids up soon enough. I need to sort out a couple of small points before to long.

Later all,

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...