• SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

Pro Gel Speed Wraps

anyone tried these? they look awesome!

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I used and really liked their earlier version, which did not have so much neopreme over the wrist.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

would you say theyre as good / better than standard handwraps? coz i cant wrap to save my life, tried videos, guides... i jsut cant do them proerly lol

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

That looks like a good product for hand protection Gez. Have you ever considered wrapping with gauze and tape? I know it can be a bit time consuming and expensive but it is a great way to protect your hands and promote power due to the padding and binding. I've even used cotton balls and ductape before. A tip for wrapping correct is to hold your hand out open and fingers spread while wrapping. After each revolution around your hand you should make a fist to check for comfort. Make sure and secure your wrists homey.

Comment

• SupergeZ
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2007

ive got some good quality herringbone handwraps and every time i wrap them i cant clench a fist, or i do them wrong, i try n follow guides but it jsut doesnt happen... would prefer sumthing simpler when i get a heavy bag tbh

Comment

• jaguiler
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2007

keep your fingers spread out...

try the Meixcan style wraps also - a bit more flexible.

Comment

• SupergeZ
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2007

yeah i was looking at those, wish id bought them instead of the herringbone. they look alot easier to wrap

i keep my fingers out etc, i just find i do them abit tight and find it hard to clench a fist or run out of wrap, just need lots more practice at it

Comment

• Chris M
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
                yeah i was looking at those, wish id bought them instead of the herringbone. they look alot easier to wrap

i keep my fingers out etc, i just find i do them abit tight and find it hard to clench a fist or run out of wrap, just need lots more practice at it

What I do is clench and unclench my fists while I'm wrapping several times to make sure nothing is too tight. Also consider getting some of the "Mexican Style" wraps. I prefer them because they are thinner and slightly stretchy.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2007

cheers, i think i might chris. will see what they recomend when i start my muay thai class end of this week

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...