• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

A Forum Question 4 Tim.

Hi Tim, I had a question about the forum. I don't know much about the programming side of forums, and i'm pretty sure someone has brought this up before at one point but i was wondering how much of a problem it would be to add a live chat section on here. I'm not sure if this is doable. I just wanted to know how you, and the other baggers feel about a speed bag live chat.

I think it would be awesome to be able to log in, and if you see someone you want to ask a question, you can do it live. or just chat with some baggers live. I'm guessing it may add more of a problem when it comes to spammers and such? not sure how that works.

thanks for your time. keep on baggin'
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
    Hi Tim, I had a question about the forum. I don't know much about the programming side of forums, and i'm pretty sure someone has brought this up before at one point but i was wondering how much of a problem it would be to add a live chat section on here. I'm not sure if this is doable. I just wanted to know how you, and the other baggers feel about a speed bag live chat.

I think it would be awesome to be able to log in, and if you see someone you want to ask a question, you can do it live. or just chat with some baggers live. I'm guessing it may add more of a problem when it comes to spammers and such? not sure how that works.

thanks for your time. keep on baggin'
    We actually did have this for a short time. I was running a chat server on my home PC and there was a place you could enter the chat room, etc. unfortunately running it on my home computer meant it would destabilize the forums, so for example if my Home PC quit running the forum wouldn't load, etc.

If people are interested enough I could look into standing it back up, although this time I would probably have to host it through a service provider, which would be some extra $$$$. Also I'm WAY overdue on updating this software ... it's out of date by about 1.5 years.

If people think they'd use it... I'll do it...

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I'd be interested in the live chat at this time, Tim...
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...