• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Over43
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2011

Only in Summer School

Since unstructured time is awful for me I usually teach summer school. This summer myself and my co-worker are reading "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". One of the vocab words is curtsey.

Yesterday when my co-teacher asked what the definition of curtsey is, one of our students answered, "It is when a woman greets you by lifting her skirt..."

I had to walk out of the room.

I haven't had a student inadvertantly say something so funny since I had a dyslexic student (while reading Kon-Tiki) whiff on the pronunciation of Knut Haugland's name.
    Last edited by Over43; 06-18-2011, 11:11 AM.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

That's GREAT! LMAO....
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

....only in my dreams would a woman greet me that way...only in my dreams. How long before you were able to walk back into the classroom and keep your composure?
      sigpic

Comment

• Over43
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jun 2011

It took me a couple of minutes to get it together. The staff was laughing about it again yesterday. Had I started, 20 years ago, writing down things my students have said over the years, and published it, it would have been a New York Times bestseller.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Over43 View Post
          Had I started, 20 years ago, writing down things my students have said over the years, and published it, it would have been a New York Times bestseller.
          "Teens say the darndest things"...........Foreward by Mr. Bill Cosby
          sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...