• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Ain't Irony A B!@tch Sometimes?

So after I finished recording and posting my last video, my Powermill swivel came in the mail right? Well I couldn't go back out that day cuz I had to get ready for work so I figured Tuesday i would Head out , Install it an have a go. Nope, not gonna happen.....LOST THE F!@#ing garage door opener!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH! I have no clue where it is and have no way in. Feeling pretty stupid right about now. The irony of it all!
    sigpic
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

your luck sounded like mine yesterday. i locked my keys in my truck and couldnt get in my house. so i had to get a ladder....climb through a window and all that stuff. carefull if you go tearing up the door to get in big $$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Inkspill
      • Dec 2010

Ahhhhh! Lame bro!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        So after I finished recording and posting my last video, my Powermill swivel came in the mail right? Well I couldn't go back out that day cuz I had to get ready for work so I figured Tuesday i would Head out , Install it an have a go. Nope, not gonna happen.....LOST THE F!@#ing garage door opener!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH! I have no clue where it is and have no way in. Feeling pretty stupid right about now. The irony of it all!
        Sounds like you've got yourself a Gremlin.

just to be sure I completely understand, there is NO other entry or exit into or out of the garage other than the large door for the vehicle?. No regular door into the house or yard that uses a key other than the garage door opener? That means if you are in the garage and the big door won't open, you can't get out and are stuck in the garage until help arrives? There is no manual overide to open the door from the inside? (actually there might be if you could get in, but there is no other door in..?)

Man, those chi town garages are tough! I might add an another regular door into the garage. you know, as a safety hatch...

Good luck.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Avadia
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          I might add an another regular door into the garage. you know, as a safety hatch...

Good luck.
          Highly recommend a garage door opener with an electronic keypad. Has saved my butt a few times.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
            Highly recommend a garage door opener with an electronic keypad. Has saved my butt a few times.
            me to.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2008

I'm still a caveman i want a key hehehe

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2010

I gotta chime in!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                Is there a vehicle locked in the garage? If so, it might not be Irony at all but possible bad....CAR-MA! LOL!

Sorry MD....no offense, but I just couldn't resist! I feel as though you've probably got it solved by now and If not I hope soon!
                Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                  your luck sounded like mine yesterday. i locked my keys in my truck and couldnt get in my house. so i had to get a ladder....climb through a window and all that stuff. carefull if you go tearing up the door to get in big $$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol
                  Damn....I didn't have to go through all of that!Sorry bro!

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
                  Ahhhhh! Lame bro!
                  Yes. Yes it is!almost a week of no bagging!!

Sounds like you've got yourself a Gremlin.
                  Blast! Those damned mogwais!! Alwys causing trouble with a smile...bastards!

just to be sure I completely understand, there is NO other entry or exit into or out of the garage other than the large door for the vehicle?. No regular door into the house or yard that uses a key other than the garage door opener? That means if you are in the garage and the big door won't open, you can't get out and are stuck in the garage until help arrives? There is no manual overide to open the door from the inside? (actually there might be if you could get in, but there is no other door in..?)
                  I live in a condo. Our garage is connected on two sides by other garages. No windows, no extra doors. But in the event that I do get locked in, there is a manual override(pull chain) that disconnects the sensor and lock so I can get out. The was supposed to be an actual for us to use on the outside in the event of controller failure ne misplacement. But our renters never provided it...oh well..)

Man, those chi town garages are tough! I might add an another regular door into the garage. you know, as a safety hatch...

Good luck.
                  If it was an old school garage in the city, I would have a window and side door. Can't do any additions on these. First, the "Condo Association"(f!@#$% shysters) frowns on it (bastards) and two, we rent so it really isn't "ours" to make said adjustment to.

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
                  I've seen those. a couple of my neighbors have them.
                  sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                    I'm still a caveman i want a key hehehe
                    Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                    Is there a vehicle locked in the garage? If so, it might not be Irony at all but possible bad....CAR-MA! LOL!
                    Toche'

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                    Sorry MD....no offense, but I just couldn't resist! I feel as though you've probably got it solved by now and If not I hope soon!
                    Ya got me! And yes the problem is solved
                    sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...