• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Keep getting logged off

Anyone else having problems getting logged off while composing replies? Sometimes I can log back on the the reply goes others get lost.
  • Inkspill
    • Dec 2010

I'm on my phone, but no problems here

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Greg, that has happened to me on occasion. It usually happens if I log in but don't click the "Remember Me" box. Sometimes when typing a reply, I'll look for info, re-read something, or otherwise get distracted. When I click "submit reply", I get logged off and have to log back in. There may be some type of time limit. Tim will know.

I've learned to copy all the text in my reply just in case it happens. That way, after logging back in, the info is still on the clipboard, so i can just "paste" my reply back in.

Geez, i hope it doesn't happen now.

EDIT: Nope!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Happens to me all the time, actually on several websites.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
          Anyone else having problems getting logged off while composing replies? Sometimes I can log back on the the reply goes others get lost.
          Originally posted by Biff View Post
          Hey Greg, that has happened to me on occasion. It usually happens if I log in but don't click the "Remember Me" box. !
          Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          Happens to me all the time, actually on several websites.
          I always have the "Remember me" box clicked... and I can't say I've ever encountered this, however, I do post quickly and go back and edit (as opposed to working on a post for a really long time).

How long are you editing when you get logged off?

Sorry I can't give a better answer.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Hmm, has never happened to me. But I do copy long posts to the clipboard every now and then so I don't lose my work in case anything ever did happen.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Will try making sure the remember me is selected although I think that it doesn't always stay selected. On occasion I will copy long replies to the clipboard which is a life saver. Some replies do take a while or searching the web may cause issues so I will save to the clipboard to keep from loosing things. Will see what I can find out and post a fix if I come across one.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Gentlemen, I have found a setting that controls some sort of inactivity timeout. I boosted it from 15 minutes to 90 minutes. Hopefully that will help????

Please let me know if you are still encountering this.

The side effect is that that "currently active users" list will show a lot more people (everybody in the last 90 minutes)

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Gentlemen, I have found a setting that controls some sort of inactivity timeout. I boosted it from 15 minutes to 90 minutes. Hopefully that will help????

The side effect is that that "currently active users" list will show a lot more people (everybody in the last 90 minutes)
                  I'm running a long test here....started editing at 7:52 ... and finished at 8:25 am

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
                    This happened to me a couple of times early on, until I learned that I shouldn't try logging in at the upper right-hand log-in location when I "time out."

Instead, if I got "logged out" due to "inactivity" while writing a comment, I made sure that I logged in here (see image). It's what pops up when you go to Submit Reply or Preview Post. I don't know how it works for everybody else, but my user name and password automatically shows in that pop-up menu and all I have to do is click on it and I don't lose what I have been typing. (Sometimes I also select all my text and copy it the clipboard, just in case.)

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    I have found a setting that controls some sort of inactivity timeout. I boosted it from 15 minutes to 90 minutes. Hopefully that will help????

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't like this "side-effect." When I come to the forum, it's kinda nice to know who's online at that specific time (in real time). I like being able to Private Message someone, knowing that they are online at the time, thus I can sometimes get a reply from them while I'm still logged in.

Any chance of putting it back to the 15-minute time frame and wait to see if Greg continues to have problems?
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Thanks Ms D I'll look for this option. I will likely also use the clipboard method as it gives piece of mind when surfing the web and coming back to the forum. I also like it when someone is on line at the same time for instant feedback. It's okay if Tim makes it so that works. I'm trying to find the fix you recommend. I didn't find it this time but I have seen a place to log on like you say. It may be that it doesn't show up if you are already logged on like I am now and I did click on the remember option. I'll experiment some more.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Has anyone lost any posts since? I'm thinking the 90 minute time out is too much. Maybe I'll back it down to 20 minutes? What do you guys think? Thing is ... if your post writing is going to take more than 20 minutes, you have to remember to copy it off into NotePad or TextEdit...

Let me know what you think..

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

Agreed, I compose long messages in a text editor anyway.

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                            x2. When I go off on a "long one" with exercises etc. I normally do it first in MS WORD, then paste it into the forum.
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                              Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                              x2. When I go off on a "long one" with exercises etc. I normally do it first in MS WORD, then paste it into the forum.
                              all right then... at least we know the source of the problem now (I think). I'll set it back to 15 minutes.

So if you are composing reply and it takes > 15 minutes, please save it off separate before you hit the "Submit Reply" button!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...