This is Not a Fight or Boxing Film, But It KICKS ASS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

This is Not a Fight or Boxing Film, But It KICKS ASS!!!

Okay, I gave a teaser mention of this film when I posted one of my last videos. It's not about boxing, has no speedbags but it has over the top, unrealistic, graphic, campy violence. Danny Trejo as a leading man with a MAJOR attitude, Don Johnson as a right wing bigot, Robert DeNiro as a right wing bigot politician Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez as straight up eye candy..with attitude. Steven Seagal as..wait for it.. A MEXICAN DRUG LORD!? Hearing him try to speak spanish and throwing a "vato" here and a "vato" there was hilarious (here a vato, there a vato everywhere a vato) and Lindsay Lohan as well, Linsay Lohan! I mean her first scene has her getting dragged from a meth house by her arms dealing dad played by Jeff Fahey. The movie? MACHETE!!! I caught it OnDemand last week and was thoroughly entertained. If you liked Shoot 'Em Up with it's grauitous over the top violence, you'll love this one. Suspension of disbelief is a must. It's just a stupid send up of 70's exploitation films. Robert Rodriguez does it again. 5 bags(black, blue and red!) Out on dvd today. Get it at BlockBuster, Netflix or Redbox. Take your pick, but I think Skunk would appreciate us all getting it at Blockbuster!
    sigpic
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I am gonna have to check it out.
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Thanks, MD. I'll add it to my Netflix queue.

Comment

• Inkspill
        • Dec 2010

I loved it! I love the monologue from Seagal at the end. Man it just comes right at you head first from the start. Fun fun fun.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          Okay, I gave a teaser mention of this film when I posted one of my last videos. It's not about boxing, has no speedbags but it has over the top, unrealistic, graphic, campy violence. Danny Trejo as a leading man with a MAJOR attitude, Don Johnson as a right wing bigot, Robert DeNiro as a right wing bigot politician Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez as straight up eye candy..with attitude. Steven Seagal as..wait for it.. A MEXICAN DRUG LORD!? Hearing him try to speak spanish and throwing a "vato" here and a "vato" there was hilarious (here a vato, there a vato everywhere a vato) and Lindsay Lohan as well, Linsay Lohan! I mean her first scene has her getting dragged from a meth house by her arms dealing dad played by Jeff Fahey. The movie? MACHETE!!! I caught it OnDemand last week and was thoroughly entertained. If you liked Shoot 'Em Up with it's grauitous over the top violence, you'll love this one. Suspension of disbelief is a must. It's just a stupid send up of 70's exploitation films. Robert Rodriguez does it again. 5 bags(black, blue and red!) Out on dvd today. Get it at BlockBuster, Netflix or Redbox. Take your pick, but I think Skunk would appreciate us all getting it at Blockbuster!
          This movie is a scream! DeNiro's is a riot in his part, Seagal looks like Dr. No without Sean Connery and Trejo is the ugliest man on the face of the earth. I don't know if they are spoofing "Kill Bill" or Arizona Politics. I can't wait for the sequels:

Machete Kills.

Machete Kills again.

I rented it first but it's definitely a keeper.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
            Okay, I gave a teaser mention of this film when I posted one of my last videos. It's not about boxing, has no speedbags but it has over the top, unrealistic, graphic, campy violence..... The movie? MACHETE!!! I caught it OnDemand last week and was thoroughly entertained. If you liked Shoot 'Em Up with it's grauitous over the top violence, you'll love this one. Suspension of disbelief is a must. It's just a stupid send up of 70's exploitation films. Robert Rodriguez does it again. 5 bags(black, blue and red!) Out on dvd today. Get it at BlockBuster, Netflix or Redbox. Take your pick, but I think Skunk would appreciate us all getting it at Blockbuster!
            Thanks for the review, I was wondering if that movie was good. I'll have to check it out!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            Thanks, MD. I'll add it to my Netflix queue.
            The wife is absolutely addicted to Netflix (as am I). We're seriously considering ditching cable (we're mostly doing the streaming)

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
            I loved it! I love the monologue from Seagal at the end. Man it just comes right at you head first from the start. Fun fun fun.
            Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            This movie is a scream! DeNiro's is a riot in his part, Seagal looks like Dr. No without Sean Connery and Trejo is the ugliest man on the face of the earth. I don't know if they are spoofing "Kill Bill" or Arizona Politics. I can't wait for the sequels:

Machete Kills.

Machete Kills again.

I rented it first but it's definitely a keeper.
            Sounds like it's speed bag approved... I'll definitely have to check it out.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tim View Post

The wife is absolutely addicted to Netflix (as am I). We're seriously considering ditching cable (we're mostly doing the streaming)
              I like Netflix too, but I'm having issues with the streaming. Alot of titles are dvd only. Or non existent. However I have been enjoying alot of foreign action films. Especially Thai action films.
              Last edited by metaldad; 02-07-2011, 09:46 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...