• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Deano watch

Just checking, has anyone seen Deano on the news floating down the road using speed bags as a floatin device? I've been meaning to ask since the flooding has been going on for awhile there. Hope all is well. Hope everyone here in the states is doing well with this freak weather. It's put a damper on my St Louis and KS plan.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Greg, my wife and Deano's wife are friends on Facebook. They were chatting on-line last night and Therese did mention the severe flooding in Aussie land, but I think my wife said it was north of were they live.

As for the weather in the US, this is two years running that folks south of us have been hammered by snow and cold weather. We've had below average temps the last month and a half, but snowfall has been under 1 foot, well below average for NE PA.

Go figure.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Thanks, sounds like they must be okay. Maybe he will check in. I take it you're not making it to STL. Hope they have a good turnout.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
        Just checking, has anyone seen Deano on the news floating down the road using speed bags as a floatin device? I've been meaning to ask since the flooding has been going on for awhile there. Hope all is well. Hope everyone here in the states is doing well with this freak weather. It's put a damper on my St Louis and KS plan.
        I don't know about Deano, but Beerman has been busy saving seniors and gettin neighbors to high ground. Funny how things change when the story on the TV is actually outside your window.

We've got baggers in Danger. Let's Keep them all in our thoughts.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
          Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

no worries for us

Thanks for the concern but we are fine down on the south coast, but Ken (Beerman) lives in the Toowoomba area where the floods were at their worst. I had dropped Ken a line to see if he was in danger and he replied that he is ok, the devestation is just unbelivable and the death toll will definately rise.
          The Queenslanders have been in drought for over 10 years with water restrictions even on the coast, the farmers have been getting belted from pillar to post now 75% of the state is flood affected. It will be bushfires next week. What's going on with the world weather.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by deano View Post
            Thanks for the concern but we are fine down on the south coast, but Ken (Beerman) lives in the Toowoomba area where the floods were at their worst. I had dropped Ken a line to see if he was in danger and he replied that he is ok, the devestation is just unbelivable and the death toll will definately rise.
            The Queenslanders have been in drought for over 10 years with water restrictions even on the coast, the farmers have been getting belted from pillar to post now 75% of the state is flood affected. It will be bushfires next week. What's going on with the world weather.
            Don't know Deano, glad to hear you and your mate are okay. Fortunately I've never been caught up in any devastating event. It makes one feel bad that you're not there to help. Our winters are starting to move farther south, snow and freezing in places where they aren't prepared for it. DC area misses the worst of it. Hope we don't end up going extinct like the dinosaurs.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...