Farewell and thanks for the music!!!!! A small metal obit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Farewell and thanks for the music!!!!! A small metal obit....

This year we bid a sad metal farewell to four of metals finest....One of them an icon who's influence spanned a couple of decades: The Rev of Avenged Sevenfold, Peter Steele of Type O Negative, Paul Gray of Slipknot and Ronnie James Dio........Thnak you all for your magnificent contributions to metal and extreme music....Dio thank you for evertything. From Rainbow to Black Sabbath, to "The Last in Line" and "Holy Diver", your influence never dies.......
    sigpic
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

It's been a very sad stretch.

Dio was the man.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

It was a sad and unfair day when Dio passed away. I was a big fan and he was one person I would have loved to have played drums for! HIs voice in one of the all time best in metal, as it may be the ultimate heavy metal voice! Along with his lyrics and image. I know a lot of people who either play with him or know him and everyone says the same thing; he was one of the coolest guys....

Dio rules!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by spinsmashpop; 05-27-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• crapshoot
        • Apr 2010

Can you believe these guys?!

Comment

• RenoRattler
          • Sep 2009

Man, I really dislike those Westboro morons. Protesting at Veteran's funerals and memorials.....and this too. I was raised in a very Christian household, and no matter what I believe now, those idiots make me sick.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
            Man, I really dislike those Westboro morons. Protesting at Veteran's funerals and memorials.....and this too. I was raised in a very Christian household, and no matter what I believe now, those idiots make me sick.
            It seems that any human Civility or Respect for those you disagree with, or those who have opposing views from yours, has disappeared. From politics, to sports, or - just pick the subject.

The time of personal family or fan grief is NOT the time to make your point or post your billboard. Protesting at ANY funeral, particularly a veteran, should be a federal offense, punishable by life in prison.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 06-04-2010, 10:36 PM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• RenoRattler
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              The time of personal family or fan grief is NOT the time to make your point of post your billboard. Protesting at ANY funeral, particularly a veteran, should be a federal offense, punishable by life in prison.
              Exactly. Completely agreed.

Comment

• crapshoot
                • Apr 2010

It seems that any human Civility or Respect for those you disagree with, or those who have opposing views from yours, has disappeared. From politics, to sports, or - just pick the subject.

The time of personal family or fan grief is NOT the time to make your point of post your billboard. Protesting at ANY funeral, particularly a veteran, should be a federal offense, punishable by life in prison.
                I think they should be interred with the deceased to debate their position and let out only after the deceased agrees they are right.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
                  I think they should be interred with the deceased to debate their position and let out only after the deceased agrees they are right.
                  I can live with that.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Ugh, despicable behavior. Where do these people come from?

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Can you believe these guys?!
                      Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post

The time of personal family or fan grief is NOT the time to make your point or post your billboard. Protesting at ANY funeral, particularly a veteran, should be a federal offense, punishable by life in prison.
                      You know something guys? No matter what, people like this are gonna come out and spew their venom from their so-called absolute truths. The sad part is they go against EVERYTHING that Jesus taught..........Oh crap here I go, thinking I got it. Anyway the HARDEST thing for any of us to do is forgive them and ourselves for allowing them to elicit our own anger fueled emotional response to their intolerance and ignorance. Trust me I'm with you all. The protesting of a funeral, especially someone who has paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom is deplorable. Spitting on someone in the name of God is no better than strapping a bomb to yourself and killing innocents in God's name. There's always gonna be the hate mongers and zealots that swear they got it right..............none of us knows until we get the dirt thrown on our box. RIP Ronnie James!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I didn't look at any pics here, but I think I know what it's about... the whole protest thing at the Dio memorial....
                        Well, it was overall goofy....
                        The memorial was way in the back of the property, inside a theater sized hall.... proabably one thousand plus inside.....plus thousands outside....
                        (Luckily I got hooked up and was inside, it was hot out...)
                        There were tons of cars getting on to the property and a lot of confusion with where to exactly go... and lots of people walking the distance....
                        If there were protests, they were barely noticed.....
                        there were thousands of people at this event... it was awesome... it was a great place to be and watch everyone come together. This man made millions happy with his voice and music. Me included big time!
                        Someone asked me if I saw the protestors... I didn't...
                        But I did hear that a group of "metal head Dio fans" got together and joined the protestors ....but they had there own banners flying... they said "DIO IS GOD" and "Metal RUles" and stuff like that... so that pretty much kills any bs vibe the protestors were going for...
                        It is a total goof.... I won't go off on religion too much but it is very inconsistent and based on values of certain people "controlling the herd" at a certain time in history.... I understand... but when you've got homosexual priests molesting young boys and screwing their lives up FOREVER, and they simply get moved on to another church and there is minimal if no apology whatsoever, it really makes you see that they didn't see this whole thing through for the long term... multi media coverage, the internet, technology as a whole, etc, certainly lessens the chances of these instances going away.... as does being able to start up a lawsuit.... and I am glad my grandparents weren't here when all that crap broke loose on the news years ago.... how embarrassing that would have been and how insulted would and do all those who put countless hours into their faith only to have it diminished to just another opiate for the masses... sorry but man, if you're gonna lay down the law and say that anyone who doesn't follow has a chance of going to "hell"... (haha...hell??? where I will burn eternally?? Please! ) then you better stand up and apologize when one of "your own" screw up... and they better bet punished in the same way you feel GOD will punish if you don't follow the rules man created many moons ago!
                        anyhow.... protest... schmotest.... whatever...
                        Dio rules.... I know many musicians that were and are in his band... they all say the same thing.... the guy was awesome and nothing but cool....
                        that's that.... I doubt the same can be said for the protestors wasting their time there in the name of God....
                        You got a choice.... you get invited to Ronnie james Dio's 4th of July backyard BBQ, on the same day you get invited to the protestors BBQ.... where you gonna go and have a good time?????
                        Please....
                        BAG ON and CRANK SOME DIO!!!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Wow... I went off... whatever....
                          It's time to go bag to some DIO!!! HAHAHA!!!!
                          BAG ON!!!!!!

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            I didn't look at any pics here, but I think I know what it's about... the whole protest thing at the Dio memorial....
                            Well, it was overall goofy....
                            The memorial was way in the back of the property, inside a theater sized hall.... proabably one thousand plus inside.....plus thousands outside....
                            (Luckily I got hooked up and was inside, it was hot out...)
                            There were tons of cars getting on to the property and a lot of confusion with where to exactly go... and lots of people walking the distance....
                            If there were protests, they were barely noticed.....
                            there were thousands of people at this event... it was awesome... it was a great place to be and watch everyone come together. This man made millions happy with his voice and music. Me included big time!
                            Someone asked me if I saw the protestors... I didn't...
                            But I did hear that a group of "metal head Dio fans" got together and joined the protestors ....but they had there own banners flying... they said "DIO IS GOD" and "Metal RUles" and stuff like that... so that pretty much kills any bs vibe the protestors were going for...
                            It is a total goof.... I won't go off on religion too much but it is very inconsistent and based on values of certain people "controlling the herd" at a certain time in history.... I understand... but when you've got homosexual priests molesting young boys and screwing their lives up FOREVER, and they simply get moved on to another church and there is minimal if no apology whatsoever, it really makes you see that they didn't see this whole thing through for the long term... multi media coverage, the internet, technology as a whole, etc, certainly lessens the chances of these instances going away.... as does being able to start up a lawsuit.... and I am glad my grandparents weren't here when all that crap broke loose on the news years ago.... how embarrassing that would have been and how insulted would and do all those who put countless hours into their faith only to have it diminished to just another opiate for the masses... sorry but man, if you're gonna lay down the law and say that anyone who doesn't follow has a chance of going to "hell"... (haha...hell??? where I will burn eternally?? Please! ) then you better stand up and apologize when one of "your own" screw up... and they better bet punished in the same way you feel GOD will punish if you don't follow the rules man created many moons ago!
                            anyhow.... protest... schmotest.... whatever...
                            Dio rules.... I know many musicians that were and are in his band... they all say the same thing.... the guy was awesome and nothing but cool....
                            that's that.... I doubt the same can be said for the protestors wasting their time there in the name of God....
                            You got a choice.... you get invited to Ronnie james Dio's 4th of July backyard BBQ, on the same day you get invited to the protestors BBQ.... where you gonna go and have a good time?????
                            Please....
                            BAG ON and CRANK SOME DIO!!!
                            Amen....I say AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            Wow... I went off... whatever....
                            It's time to go bag to some DIO!!! HAHAHA!!!!
                            BAG ON!!!!!!
                            That tends to happen to all of us doesn't it?
                            Last edited by metaldad; 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling
                            sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...