• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Spinsmashpop on PBS with Idol

Well, it's Saturday night 11pm in Central Texas. Saturday Night Live isn't funny and the History Channel is lost in the 2012 predictions of the Apocalyse, so I go over to channel 4 KXBU (PBS) to check out Austin City Limits. It's going off (Willie Nelson concert), and up comes "Soundstage" with a Billy Idol tour stop, and behold there's our own Spinsmashpop busting the drums. They were ripping through "Dancing with Myself", Just finished "Dancing with Myself" and starting "touch my love". Pretty cool to watch a concert show when your really know one of the musicians. Me and MD just saw him rippin' with Foreigner in Chicago. Gotta get the popcorn out cause "white wedding" just started. Geez, Idol had some great music!

(click on the "video" list of that soundstage page and a popup window will show some of the show video)
    Last edited by Speedbag; 11-15-2009, 10:08 AM. Reason: fixed link
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Hey cool, that's definitely him all right. Would love to see Brian playing with Idol. Maybe they'll go back on the road soon.

PS Your link was broken, it had an extra "ht" in the "http" so I edited it to fix it.

Here's a direct link to the video as well:
    Last edited by Tim; 11-15-2009, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Hey cool, that's definitely him all right. Would love to see Brian playing with Idol. Maybe they'll go back on the road soon.

PS Your link was broken, it had an extra "ht" in the "http" so I edited it to fix it.

Here's a direct link to the video as well:
      http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/v...ol_video1.html
      Thanks. I edited/fixed the link. BT was definitely working that night. Driving the beat for Idol looks a bit more frantic than Foreigner.
      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

I'll say it again...Brian is living the dream. I'm hoping to get together again in the future and bag in the speedbag truck, hang out when it's less hectic and yes Alan, share that rack of ribs!
        sigpic

Comment

• Jordan
          • Jun 2009

OH YEAH....and of course the very first scene we see tichy in he does his drum stick throw....good find

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
            OH YEAH....and of course the very first scene we see tichy in he does his drum stick throw....good find
            He twirls, flips and throws during a whole show. Very entertaining to watch. Has a lot of them in his solo's, which is pretty funny when it launches into outer space. I hope shuttle Astronauts are watching for errant sticks.....

(just kidding. I've only seen three go up that never came down....)
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jordan
              • Jun 2009

hahahaha yeah he's a mean machine when it comes to those sticks....my roommate uses the sticks tichy gave him all the time when he plays guitar hero...even if tichy doesn't approve of such games

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Wow! That was amazing stuff from BT!

Thanks for sharing that guys.

Drum on!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Thanks for the kinds words guys. That DVD was from August 2006. Not sure why, but it took a long time for them to release it. I think it was on some cable channel once last year, and I think it'll be in the stores real soon....
                  I haven't watched it in 2 years and never watched the whole thing..

And Foreigner has a new DVD that comes with the new CD, "Can't Slow Down" is on VH1 Classic Concerts a lot these past 6 weeks or so. I have heard lots of good things about the sound of that. I have yet to see it either....I've heard I am shown doing a tuck and roll, complaining about no beer backstage in Germany, (haha), and jumping rope....
                  With the new cd, only released though WalMart, you get a whole new CD of music, (I am on most of that), a live DVD (I'm on all that) and a remix CD of all the old Foreigner classics....
                  It's like $12.00 only!
                  BAG ON!

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                    Thanks for the kinds words guys. That DVD was from August 2006. Not sure why, but it took a long time for them to release it. I think it was on some cable channel once last year, and I think it'll be in the stores real soon....

And Foreigner has a new DVD that comes with the new CD, "Can't Slow Down" is on VH1 Classic Concerts a lot these past 6 weeks or so. I have heard lots of good things about the sound of that. I have yet to see it either....I've heard I am shown doing a tuck and roll, complaining about no beer backstage in Germany, (haha), and jumping rope....
                    With the new cd, only released though WalMart, you get a whole new CD of music, (I am on most of that), a live DVD (I'm on all that) and a remix CD of all the old Foreigner classics....
                    It's like $12.00 only!
                    BAG ON!
                    My wife stumbled onto the VH1 Classic Concert this past Saturday while flipping channels and my son kept screaming "LOOK DAD..IT'S BRIAN TICHY!! evrytime the camera showed you LOL! I guess I gotta get to Wal-Mart.
                    Last edited by metaldad; 11-19-2009, 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling,grammar
                    sigpic

Comment

• Jordan
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post

It's like $12.00 only!
                      BAG ON!
                      buying that

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...