• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

boxing poetry?

I don't know if this belongs on the forum, but a speed bag plays a role, and although I'm not much for poetry, I might check this woman's book out from the library and read what she has to say.

Begins with the entry "On poetry and boxing" :

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Pretty Cool. I don't doubt it a bit, for Moments of memories and emotion can make a person take pen and hand and start scribbling. Poetry can come from any topic or from inside anyone prone to ponder the world or themselves and attempt to put it on paper. I bet lots of us have private poems stuffed away in drawers, files or vanity press anthologies. (Guilty )

You might also check out Blows to the Head By Binnie Klien. I'm REAL partial to the cover Pic. Here's hoping she'll do a future interview with a speed bagger.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jordan
      • Jun 2009

I saw the article about boxing poetry, but I didn't see any actual poems....was there supposed to be or is this just an article, cool story regardless.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...