• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    i just find it silly and its either for another pay check or a PR stunt that dana told him to do because that show is very popular (i hate it). so final verdict is bad idea.
    ps did i mention i hate that show a lot? i get amazed when shows like that get good ratings? are some people seeing something im not? i dunno doesnt make scene to me
    Well, average folk at home get to see "stars dancing". If you look at the number one most watched video of all time on youtube, it's called "the history of dance." So I guess dance is huge to be that watched on tv. I don't watch tv. I really don't have time and if I do have time I will type in a subject of interest on youtube, (MMA, the sun, gravity, drums, music, whatever subject I'm into at the moment). I don't even understand how people have the time or interest to sit around a tv at an exact time, (well, I guess a lot of people record stuff now). But I also don't understand why American Idol is huge. I know you vote and all that, and watch a bunch of people make jackasses of themselves and some others sing great and go on to sell a lot of records. But jeez, there is no challenge or anything new. That new guy that almost won, uhh, Adam, Alan, I don't know, he is homosexual or bi or something... he is being likened as the next Freddie Mercury or Bowie?????
    What? I saw a quick clip.... he is Broadway showboat b.s..... there ain't no bowie or mercury there! And what about songwriters? The icons wrote songs. Maybe Elvis didn't but The Beatles, The Who , Stones, Queen , Elton, Bob Seger, etc.... did....
    So these singers get instant success and stardom by singing well on cover songs? What about paying the dues with your own tunes?
    Whatever... anyhow....
    Regarding Liddell....

Originally posted by riqal View Post
    If somebody were willing to pay me good money to dance with a beautiful girl, you bet I would do it!
    Maybe so.... but I think it's safe to assume Chuck doesn't need that show to get chicks. He is going to get his name into mainstream America real quick and make a big check. This kind of dough will be invested and set him up many years down the road when the last thing he wants to do is train to fight MMA in his 40's! But man, I would love to see a person as badass as Liddell do something a little more respectful to what he made of himself. Start his own Liddell show, a competition or host a series that educates people on something having to do with health or life or fulfilling dreams.
    I don't know. But I have zero desire to see these kind of shows and I have zero interest in anything like that.

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    so what im hearing from your reasoning is that the people dont see actual entertaining value from this show just beautiful women? thats kind of sad isnt it? cuz i think its like the number one show when its on
    Well, uhh, sex still sells, right? But I do think people watch because the art of dancing tied in with watching stars step out of there element for a bit makes people happy and a little warm inside!
    And that's nice.... But for that stuff, I go to my kids and dogs!
    I'll also listen to Dust In The Wind, some Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Neil Young!
    To each his though....
    They should have "Speed Bagging With The Stars" and all these famous people should start practicing the bag and jam on it with Alan Kahn and Skunk. Then have a competition at the end!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
      ....They should have "Speed Bagging With The Stars" and all these famous people should start practicing the bag and jam on it with Alan Kahn and Skunk. Then have a competition at the end!
      BAG ON!
      ...I'd like to be the judge of that, but the stars better start punchin' if they're gonna have a chance against Skunk, Baggist, Scissorhands, SpinSP and a growing host of others....
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

I'd watch that....as long as there are no more William Hungs!
        sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...