• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

Dog owners

hey just wanted to see peoples thoughts and what you guys have...anyway my dog passed away about 3 months ago and we finally got a new one today...hes a great dane his name is Zapp (pictures below) also wondering if anyone else is a dog owner and what breed you have.

________
    Park Royal 2 Condos
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:51 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That's a great looking dog! I'm an animal lover and had lots of pets in the past. our last pet, a cocker spaniel, passed away Dec 21 08. This has been the first time we haven't had a dog or cat sleeping on the bed or watching me hit the bag in 24 years. We're taking on older family members into our house now and don't need creatures running under foot and walkers. Pets are awesome IF you are an animal lover. I imagine if you are NOT an animal lover they are an annoyance. I have lots of video footage during speed bag workouts picking up my dog or cats and mugging them at the camera. Particularly when a new one showed up.

sorry to hear about your past pet loss and good luck with your new pup.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Sorry about the loss of you dog, Kyle. Your new one is a great looking dog. Good luck with him. I always had Irish Setters. They were great dogs but needed lots of room to run, and could be very "high strung" if not properly trained. I haven't had a dog in over 12 years now.

But a kitten stowed away on my engine one night last fall and survived a 10 mile journey, and a confimed cat-hater, now has a tiger cat, and has turned into a cat lover. Go figure.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        Sorry about the loss of you dog, Kyle. Your new one is a great looking dog. Good luck with him. I always had Irish Setters. They were great dogs but needed lots of room to run, and could be very "high strung" if not properly trained. I haven't had a dog in over 12 years now.

But a kitten stowed away on my engine one night last fall and survived a 10 mile journey, and a confimed cat-hater, now has a tiger cat, and has turned into a cat lover. Go figure.

Been known to happen.

Cat Scan

visiting hours

Cocker Spaniel
        Last edited by Speedbag; 07-07-2009, 07:21 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great pix, Alan. (cat scan...). I'm sure your pets helped with your recovery.

Comment

• jagganath
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jul 2009

Nice pics.

I've got a Terrier. His name is Bogart. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of him yet, but I'll post again when I get one.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

That is one cute puppy, Kyle!!! Soon to be a huge BEAST LOL! The last two awesome dogs in my life were our Shepard/Collie mix "Queenie" who died from lockjaw when I was 14 and my sister's Timber wolf/Shepherd mix "Jake" (She was a huge fan of "Raging Bull") who actually made it to 14! Great dogs both of them. Unfortunately where I live now has a no pets rule for renters but someday I foresee an Akita or another German Shepherd making their way into our lives
              Last edited by metaldad; 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Kyle, great pics. That dog is gonna be huge!
                Speedbag! Wow, cool animal pics but I also looked at the other ones. That must not have been a walk in the park. Good to know you are still bagging after all that!
                Metaldad, Biff, Jagganath, alright! All animal lovers! Me too.

I have a 10 year old chocolate lab, Thalia. She is great. Also adopted a 3 year old black lab from the shelter this Xmas, Luna. 90 lbs. and loves to hug. Also had a black lab mix, Page, from 2000- 9.10.06 we found late night on the street in Hollywood. Best friend. Worst day of my life when she died.
                Also have had 3 crows. Crows are great. The first one, Salem, was a baby injured in the grass. Took her in and raised her like a dog! haha... on the floor....she got on with the dogs and thought Page was her mom. Very friendly and always playing jokes, trying to take remote controls, dog bones, coming behind dogs and biting their tails, dancing and cawing in front of the tv. She even would bounce a racquetball back and forth with me. Eventually learned to fly but we clipped her wings becuase she had a disease we thought other crows would attack her because of when she would fly away, (yes, she would return too). She slipped in the pool on a real windy day... another crap day.....
                Since then had two more, (Sadie and Poe), no longer with us.

1st pic... Sadie and Poe ('02)....
                2nd pic ... Thalia ('08)
                Attached Files

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Not to hijack the thread, but BT, where do you get crows??? Are they sold in pet stores, do people breed them, or did you just befriend a backyard crow?

I love labs, but never owned one. That's a great pic of your choc lab.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Not to hijack the thread, but BT, where do you get crows??? Are they sold in pet stores, do people breed them, or did you just befriend a backyard crow?

I love labs, but never owned one. That's a great pic of your choc lab.
                    The first crow was an injured baby I saw in my neighbor's yard.
                    We had been bringing her in to a vet who was taking care of this wart stuff on her beak. When she passed, the vet had 2 other crows that were brought in at that time, so we adapted them from her.

It isn't really legal to own wild birds, but whatever. Ain't there a lot worse to worry about on this planet????

I have just spent all this time trying to put other pics up but I think the size is too large. Now I am frustrated and will try later.
                    Anyone know how to quickly reduce the quality of a picture? I use a Mac Book Pro with iPhoto. It's all new and upgraded. I forgot how to do this. I have used something in the past I forget the name of and don't have anymore since my upgrade.

Bif, yeah. labs are great... they just need excercise.... but they rule....

Comment

• crawforde
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jul 2009

dogs, chickens, ducks, tortoises, bees, wife, kids

Right now I have 2 dogs, a 2-year-old Rhodesian ridgeback without a ridge that we rescued, and a fox terrier that i took to watch for "2 weeks" while a permanent home for it was found, that was in 1998. I also have 8 hens, 2 ducks, 2 tortoises, and about 50,000 bees. I have trouble keeping the names straight.
                      Oh, I also have an adult female human, and an 8 year old and a 5 year old.

I have to through the garage to get the food to feed the critters. The speed bag is in there. What used to take me less than 5 minutes now eats up at least 30 minutes a day.

Comment

• Kyle
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                        That is one cute puppy, Kyle!!! Soon to be a huge BEAST LOL!
                        Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                        Kyle, great pics. That dog is gonna be huge!
                        I have a 10 year old chocolate lab,
                        ya hes going to be huge 160lbs minimum they told us...his dad is huge!!! my last dog was a lab Shepard mix and had nothing but a great experience with him...also thx for the compliments everyone hes getting better and better everyday
                        ________
                        1XXXNAUGHTY4U cam
                        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

Metaldad, Biff, Jagganath, alright! All animal lovers! Me too.

I have a 10 year old chocolate lab, Thalia. She is great. Also adopted a 3 year old black lab from the shelter this Xmas, Luna. 90 lbs. and loves to hug. Also had a black lab mix, Page, from 2000- 9.10.06 we found late night on the street in Hollywood. Best friend. Worst day of my life when she died.
                          Also have had 3 crows. Crows are great. The first one, Salem, was a baby injured in the grass. Took her in and raised her like a dog! haha... on the floor....she got on with the dogs and thought Page was her mom. Very friendly and always playing jokes, trying to take remote controls, dog bones, coming behind dogs and biting their tails, dancing and cawing in front of the tv. She even would bounce a racquetball back and forth with me. Eventually learned to fly but we clipped her wings becuase she had a disease we thought other crows would attack her because of when she would fly away, (yes, she would return too). She slipped in the pool on a real windy day... another crap day.....
                          Since then had two more, (Sadie and Poe), no longer with us.

1st pic... Sadie and Poe ('02)....
                          2nd pic ... Thalia ('08)
                          Crows? COOL!! .........And sometimes..just sometimes, the crow allows them to come back to set the wrong things right" One of my favorite films and comic books. I used to own a Python named Zappa and had two igauanas, Kermit and Jima
                          Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                          ya hes going to be huge 160lbs minimum they told us...his dad is huge!!! my last dog was a lab Shepard mix and had nothing but a great experience with him...also thx for the compliments everyone hes getting better and better everyday
                          You're very welcome!! As I said b4, I would have a new dog now but the ruless don't allow it where I live.. Guess I gotta get a house with yard soon!

Originally posted by crawforde View Post
                          Right now I have 2 dogs, a 2-year-old Rhodesian ridgeback without a ridge that we rescued, and a fox terrier that i took to watch for "2 weeks" while a permanent home for it was found, that was in 1998. I also have 8 hens, 2 ducks, 2 tortoises, and about 50,000 bees. I have trouble keeping the names straight.
                          Oh, I also have an adult female human, and an 8 year old and a 5 year old.

I have to through the garage to get the food to feed the critters. The speed bag is in there. What used to take me less than 5 minutes now eats up at least 30 minutes a day.
                          Bees? ......Hope you like this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=468aRjP8e5I. Rhodesian ridgebacks are another breed that facinates me. I never heard of them until three years ago and I gotta say that they are some good looking animals as well
                          sigpic

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                            hey just wanted to see peoples thoughts and what you guys have...anyway my dog passed away about 3 months ago and we finally got a new one today...hes a great dane his name is Zapp (pictures below) also wondering if anyone else is a dog owner and what breed you have.
                            Kyle.. hi.... How did you get your pictures to show to show up so large?
                            I'm trying to relearn how to resize mine to less pixels, but your quality looks real good and they are large! thanks!

Comment

• Kyle
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Nov 2006

Kyle.. hi.... How did you get your pictures to show to show up so large?
                              I'm trying to relearn how to resize mine to less pixels, but your quality looks real good and they are large! thanks!
                              i inserted the image from my photobucket account.
                              ________
                              Class Action Lawfirm
                              Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...