• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Change of Scenery

Through a combinations of events I find myself no longer living on the West Coast. I am now in the Keystone State in the area of my birth. For the first time in nearly twenty five years we are living in a house, courtesy of my son who we share it with. To top it off it looks like I'm going to have a dedicated space for my speed bag set up, although it's probably still going to be the Ringside first generation free standing one.
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Enjoy

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's great news!

(I'm from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area - grew up in Nuangola, PA)

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Dutchman, I’m from NE PA, a few miles NE of Scranton. Are you anywhere nearby? It would be an honor meeting up with you.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Back in Western PA, where my wife and I grew up.

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

First step in getting set up again. Have assembled the stand, and just bought three fifty pound bags of sand to fill the rocks to stabilize it. Have a lot of other things that are higher on the priority list but getting there slowly buy surely.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Dutchman, I’m from NE PA, a few miles NE of Scranton. Are you anywhere nearby? It would be an honor meeting up with you.
              I’m always down to put my speed bag rig up, anywhere
              The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

The rocks are filled and the placed on the stand sills. It's as secure as this slightly modified Ringside stand has ever been. Tried several bags from the collection on it, currently the Title "big blue" is up there. Just need to teach my adult son that you don't have to hit these as hard the Century hydrostrike bag he left in San Diego (he had taken taekwondo in high school.)

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  The rocks are filled and the placed on the stand sills. It's as secure as this slightly modified Ringside stand has ever been. Tried several bags from the collection on it, currently the Title "big blue" is up there. Just need to teach my adult son that you don't have to hit these as hard the Century hydrostrike bag he left in San Diego (he had taken taekwondo in high school.)
                  Will we see some action soon?!?

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Maybe, maybe not. My skill level is not what it used to be. It's heck getting old. and I just came out of about a seven month layoff. No excuses, just stating facts.I will be the last person to tell anyone how to hit the bag other than the basics. All of you that I have watched here over time are light years beyond what I could ever do.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Maybe, maybe not. My skill level is not what it used to be. It's heck getting old. and I just came out of about a seven month layoff. No excuses, just stating facts.I will be the last person to tell anyone how to hit the bag other than the basics. All of you that I have watched here over time are light years beyond what I could ever do.
                      Im sure you’d want to meet us in person then, leave our egos in the car. You run what ya brung. I’d be thrilled to meet and snatch some of the knowledge you’ve shared. So kindly of you sir, if you and Biff agree come see SpeedyT. Wyoming Valley is where I Be.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

The Scenery of NEPA!, is amazing! I always climb back up

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post

The Scenery of NEPA!, is amazing! I always climb back up
                          Oh I know, I have family that lives up there.....

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Oh I know, I have family that lives up there.....
                            Well my friend, a few of us that didn’t get a good chance to hang at the gathering were planning an outdoor hang and bang. I have the portable with three vertical platforms. Working on three more tradition setups to add at different heights. I don’t know how big I go before my trailer is maxed out but that’s about we need if I can complete. Need many materials and I’m not in sprinkler fitting anymore so the pipe and fittings I use are not free to me anymore. That won’t stop me though. My thoughts are a state park with plenty of other activities, like an old family reunion!!!! I’ll be there by myself if I have too but I cannot stand facing a wall anymore or be stuck in a drab gym. Thank You

Comment

• Biff
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post

Im sure you’d want to meet us in person then, leave our egos in the car. You run what ya brung. I’d be thrilled to meet and snatch some of the knowledge you’ve shared. So kindly of you sir, if you and Biff agree come see SpeedyT. Wyoming Valley is where I Be.
                              TT, when did you move north? I do remember meeting up with you, I believe in the Hazelton area, quite a few years ago for some “pickup truck” baggin.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...