• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhi_Reynolds88
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2008

haven't been here in awhile!

Hey everyone! Don't think I have forgotten about you all! I didn't have time to hit the speed bag all summer because I worked between 65-75 hours a week! I really miss working out with my Dad, but we both managed to injure ourselves too! He pinched a nerve in his neck, and I managed to obtain cervical nerve root compression caused by a cyst that developed on my nerve coming off of C4. So basically both of us had a dead arm on one side and pain. I'm still healing. I just started lifting because I am back at school. I feel so out of shape and its frustrating. Dad feels the same way. We were so happy doing what we love! We will get back to it, and hopefully learn and grow together more than ever. I'll be back...haha
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Rhi_Reynolds88 View Post
    Hey everyone! Don't think I have forgotten about you all! I didn't have time to hit the speed bag all summer because I worked between 65-75 hours a week! I really miss working out with my Dad, but we both managed to injure ourselves too! He pinched a nerve in his neck, and I managed to obtain cervical nerve root compression caused by a cyst that developed on my nerve coming off of C4. So basically both of us had a dead arm on one side and pain. I'm still healing. I just started lifting because I am back at school. I feel so out of shape and its frustrating. Dad feels the same way. We were so happy doing what we love! We will get back to it, and hopefully learn and grow together more than ever. I'll be back...haha
    Welcome back Rhi! Gotta love that overtime!! I'm averaging close to 60+ hours myself. A cervical nerve root compression does NOT sound fun! Glad you and your dad are doing better and hope to see more posts from you.
    sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Rhi_Reynolds88 View Post
      ....He pinched a nerve in his neck, and I managed to obtain cervical nerve root compression caused by a cyst that developed on my nerve coming off of C4. So basically both of us had a dead arm on one side and pain. I'm still healing.
      Hey Rhi,

Ouch! I understand a little about cervical root compression of the neck. It sucks. My neck is still the reason that my left shoulder screams at me. Hope you cyst gets better and "the old one" can keep on dancin'. I hope you get to do your speed bag seminar also.
      Last edited by Speedbag; 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Welcome back stranger!

Hope you both feel better soon... speed bag always makes me feel better

Comment

• Rhi_Reynolds88
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2008

Thank you all for being so supportive. Thanks Alan, your story really motivated me. In my case, my neck is not nearly as bad as yours because I haven't had surgery. Thank you so much. Your story is truly inspiring to those who love the speed bag.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...