• Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Happy new year 2014!

Happy New Year fellow addicts.
    Here's wishing each of you
    a prosperous 2014

Hey everybody. I thought I'd post one last punch drumming video for 2013. I haven't been punching as much as I would like to, but I did manage to get a little time to dink around to this song called "Nadine." I'm using a shortened S-hook swivel in this video. This swivel is eyeless. The S-hook is screwed directly into the 1" brass ball. Makes for a shorter arc of the bag and speeds things up a bit.
    I'm using an EYELESS ball-hook swivel in this video. It eliminates extra hang from the swivel, giving the speed bag a faster rebound.The steel S-hook screws ...

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Wow, great video Dee. I guess that answers the question of "how does the Coupe DeVille swivel work". I'd say that in at least in your hands it works like a Rocket. I can't wait to get mine. Any idea of when you will be able to ship it?

fedora

Comment

• CeSalt
      • Nov 2013

Really enjoyed this, Dee!

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

That drum is purdy.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by CeSalt View Post
          Really enjoyed this, Dee!
          Thanks CeSalt! This was my first attempt at punch drumming with this altered ball-hook swivel.

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          That drum is purdy.
          Thanks, paranday. Trainer Raul has been busy. Not only did he come up with this shortened ball-hook swivel, he's also working on a new platform design that I'm trying out in this video. I'll post a thread with a video showing the new platform (it's an adjustable). The octagon-shaped wood drum is 30 inches in diameter and is 1-5/8" thick.

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          Great vid, love the drum. I was going to make one of those S-hooks but didn't want the extra wear and tear on my loop.
          I hear ya, Ralph. This was my thought as well. A big plus with the eyeless ball-hook — to me anyway — is the fact that by eliminating the eye screw, there's less wear on the S-hook. And the movement of the bag is faster. I'll just have to see how my bag loops hold up with this style of swivel.

I plan to do another video for myself, using a variety of bags. Then I'll watch it in slo-mo to see how much loop movement there is compared to the traditional ball/eyescrew/s-hook swivel. I am hoping that with the shortened hang of the bag that it will change how the bag swings in the S-hook when struck.

Originally posted by fedora View Post
          Wow, great video Dee. I guess that answers the question of "how does the Coupe DeVille swivel work". I'd say that in at least in your hands it works like a Rocket. I can't wait to get mine. Any idea of when you will be able to ship it?

fedora
          Ha! Coupe DeVille swivel, eh? Well, I have to say, this swivel is pretty sweet and simple in design. And it does make the bag move a little faster.

I'll try to get the "Coupe DeVille" in tomorrow's mail, fedora, so that you can try it out for yourself. Thanks for suggesting this design to us.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            I'll try to get the "Coupe DeVille" in tomorrow's mail, fedora, so that you can try it out for yourself. Thanks for suggesting this design to us.
            Thanks Dee, I look forward to getting it. I know there is that concern about the extra movement on the loop making for more wear. Hard to say that will actually make that big of a difference since the loop swings on the hook some anyway. I watched the vintage one I have and the extra movement on the loop seemed minimal. I will watch it over a longer period of time and see, but if that proves true I think it can be minimized by simply wrapping the loop with some tape.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Happy New Year fellow addicts.
              Here's wishing each of you
              a prosperous 2014

Hey everybody. I thought I'd post one last punch drumming video for 2013. I haven't been punching as much as I would like to, but I did manage to get a little time to dink around to this song called "Nadine." I'm using a shortened S-hook swivel in this video. This swivel is eyeless. The S-hook is screwed directly into the 1" brass ball. Makes for a shorter arc of the bag and speeds things up a bit.
              I'm using an EYELESS ball-hook swivel in this video. It eliminates extra hang from the swivel, giving the speed bag a faster rebound.The steel S-hook screws ...

Dee, You are becoming an amazing Punch Drummer! You're dead "on beat" the whole song, and pushing those Double beat rhythms (double punches and double elbows strikes), putting the second fist "on the beat" every time, and on this song that demands a pretty noticeable speed change, especially when you link a single fist to RSP after the Double Punch. I also see you are not favoring either hand, using left and right equally well in any combination! That is mastery, showing you are comfortable to do whatever you want around the bag, leading with any hand.

Great video by a masterful punch drummer.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Dee, You are becoming an amazing Punch Drummer! You're dead "on beat" the whole song, and pushing those Double beat rhythms (double punches and double elbows strikes), putting the second fist "on the beat" every time, and on this song that demands a pretty noticeable speed change, especially when you link a single fist to RSP after the Double Punch. I also see you are not favoring either hand, using left and right equally well in any combination! That is mastery, showing you are comfortable to do whatever you want around the bag, leading with any hand.

Great video by a masterful punch drummer.
                Thanks Alan. I try to pay attention to equal punching with both arms. Although, my right arm can't quite keep up with the left when I'm doing the continuous front/back linking. I have to focus when I'm doing those.

Comment

• Jake
                  • Mar 2011

I always engoy whatching your videos Dee. Ever since your Michael Jackson video inspired me to make my own hitting to music video.
                  Cool grain on that drum.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                    I always engoy whatching your videos Dee. Ever since your Michael Jackson video inspired me to make my own hitting to music video.
                    Cool grain on that drum.
                    Thanks Jake. You just made my day.

I've been away from the bag for several weeks. So uninspired lately… But, today, we had a really nice day, sunny and very blue skies. I put my music on while I was working outside, and the next thing I know, I'm in the garage, bagging away to a Doobie Brothers song.

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

...bagging away to a doobie
                      Atta girl.

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Thanks Jake. You just made my day.

I've been away from the bag for several weeks. So uninspired lately… But, today, we had a really nice day, sunny and very blue skies. I put my music on while I was working outside, and the next thing I know, I'm in the garage, bagging away to a Doobie Brothers song.
                        That's my girl. Back in the day I spent a little time in "Black Water" myself.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

medium speed Basic Rhythm punching or slower syncopated punching combinations. Smooth and fun.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...