• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Roge 11-18-2013

Good evening. Here is the latest video of Rogene. Sorry for the poor quality of the video. I have yet to purchase software. This was a 950 mb file reduced to 22 mb. Roge is doing quite well.. Go girl go!
    Check out her new swivel.. Now that I have an Evil I was able to hand down the old Everlast. Sure like the sound of it!

• rehamco1
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

thanks everyome

I would to thank swfl for fixing my videos and putting them on the forum for me....and I want to thank everyone on the forum for helping me on my speed bag journey....one of my goals is to keep improving,one goal I have already achieved...I am having fun...thank you all

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
      I am having fun...thank you all
      Do you like the sound of your new swivel ? A lot of history with behind that sound...
      Last edited by paranday; 11-19-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• rehamco1
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Do you like the sound of your new swivel ? A lot of history with behind that sound...
        YES I did not realize swivels could sound so different...what is the history behind my new swivel I'd like to know.

I am sure when I improve I will like it more.

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

What I mean is that sound has been around a long time, it's the "classic" speed bag sound. Watch Alan's DVDs, they open with that clickety clackety music that unmistakeably says speed bag.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by swfl View Post
            Good evening. Here is the latest video of Rogene. Sorry for the poor quality of the video. I have yet to purchase software. This was a 950 mb file reduced to 22 mb. Roge is doing quite well.. Go girl go!
            Check out her new swivel.. Now that I have an Evil I was able to hand down the old Everlast. Sure like the sound of it!

Good job, Roge! I see you've incorporated more linking in your routine. And I like your double bumps. I am weak in that department. I need to practice it more. You're punching to a pretty lively beat on a big bag! Way to go, girl! Keep on bagging!
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• rehamco1
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2013

bagging on

I like my big bag. it seems easier on my hands than the smaller bags...I am also enjoying not being on a training swivel any more....what a difference.....who knew punching a bag could be so much fun.....I am always looking for different music with a good beat.....and one more time Ms Dee thank you so very much for all your help and encouragement...it helps more than you know...and thanks too to everyone on the forum for helping me on my way...and a special thanks to swfl who started me on my journey.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swfl View Post

Wow, 4m25 seconds of non-stop punching! That is building some serious stamina! Great job. I see you are advancing your techniques also, Basic punching, Front Double Punching (FDP), Front Fist Rolling (F-Roll), single fist double bumping and single fist pass through Front Circle Punch (FCP) to Reverse Single Punch (RSP).

I like the positions of your arms during most of this, However I notice one thing that you might want to work on, especially as you progress to moves that pass the fists through the bag. I've posted a picture for you below of some freeze frames I made to illustrate this:

During your Single fist passing Front Circle Punching to Reverse Single Punching (written as: FCP ' ' RSP ), I notice your front fist fist contact has a tendency to be a bit too high on the bag, above the belly and I see your fist movement as more "downward" on the front of the bag, then ducking under for the reverse fist contact. The white arrow on top of the left picture illustrates that front fist motion. Once your fist is behind the bag, you hit pretty much "on" the bag belly and can return easily with a straight motion, although you do tend to duck it down a bit. You are doing the combination OK, but that is because you are going fairly slow, and as you try to go a bit faster this swing correction due to high bag contact will cause a problem. The fist can't really pass "straight thru the bag" if it hits that high above the belly for the bag itelf will trap the hand as it comes off the back of the board.

I suggest you work a bit on hitting a bit lower on the front of the bag, maybe punching more "into" the bag than down on it. You might also try passing a single fist through the bag directly off your Front Fist Rolling, since your rolling motion appears to contact lower on the bag. Actually, this is the very same motion as above (FCP ' ' RSP). The last fist of any Front Fist Roll would be that single fist contact (FCP) and then pass it straight through to behind. It just seems more complicated coming out of the Roll, but it's really not that difficult for most to feel the rolling motion continue to the straight through move. Just extend that fist a bit forward through to the rear area and it's there. if you hit the bag on the belly, the bag is already above your hand, you don't have to drop under it.

Great progress, Roge! keep working! Love your music by the way.
                Attached Files
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rehamco1
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2013

thanks for the tips pixs and suggestions.

thank you so much for your input and the pictures help a lot....I am trying to punch faster.....starting tomorrow will really concentrate on hitting the belly of the bag...I thought I was but apparently I wasn't.

thank you for taking the time to help me....and glad you like the music.
                  rogene

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...