• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post

Cool Video. I Dig Your Baggin. Your Swivel Sounds Awesome Too. Keep the Videos Coming.
    Again... Great Speed Bag Video.

However, Every time i here the intro in this video i can't stop thinking about the ending section of The Incredible Hulk TV series. Not that that's a bag thing.

I'm pretty sure these two songs are in the same Key, and scale. The intro of the Billy Joel tune, and the hulk tune are even close to the exact tempo.

Attached Files
    Last edited by ebozyn; 12-26-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Jake
      • Mar 2011

I liked that show a lot. I wanted to look like the Hulk.

Billy Joel is a cool guy. He was a good boxer too.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jake
        • Mar 2011

Thank you Ralph,
        I will break out the camera when I come across the right song at the right time. Right now I find myself trying not to think about what would make a good video. Like Alan said-
        certain combinations really sound great in certain phrases or parts of a song.

I focus on the part of the song I do well on, and I don't worry about messing up the rest of it. It's just practice, practice, practice.

I'm practicing the double bump elbows more and more. They seem to work well with many songs, and I bet they will look pretty cool thrown in here and there in a video.
        Last edited by Jake; 12-29-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Wow Jake! I asked in another post if you had any video up ans then i stumble across this. Yep, I've definitely been away for awhile! Way cool tune! Even cooler hitting!
          sigpic

Comment

• Jake
            • Mar 2011

Thanks for bringing up that video Metaldad. I had not seen it for a long time. Back then it was all about learning the moves. Since Allen suggested I "get more physical", that's what I've been doing. That was great advice!

I basically went back to learning how to do the basic hits faster and harder. Slowly learning to do more advanced moves faster and harder, and now I'm working on pulling them all together.

Looking at that Stranger video reminds me of the peacful way I was hitting. Theres nothing wrong with that peacful Zen like stuff. I look for ways to mix it into the introductions to songs, etc. However these days, for me it's mostly about giving the bag a good beating, and getting a good workout.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...