X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagAtaraxis
    • Nov 2010

Alan Kanh.....eat yer heart out..

The title is completely a joke, I hope all understand! This is my first punch drumming video and I do think it came out very well. Although when I finish I watch Alans videos and realize I will always have room for improvement. Whats that saying?...The more you know the more you realize you don't know? Besides the fact I wouldn't even be punch drumming if it weren't for Alan spending an extremely gracious amount of time with me at SpeedBag II. Thank You! Anyway... here ya go. Excellent Song for punch drumming

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
    The title is completely a joke, I hope all understand! This is my first punch drumming video and I do think it came out very well. Although when I finish I watch Alans videos and realize I will always have room for improvement. Whats that saying?...The more you know the more you realize you don't know? Besides the fact I wouldn't even be punch drumming if it weren't for Alan spending an extremely gracious amount of time with me at SpeedBag II. Thank You! Anyway... here ya go. Excellent Song for punch drumming

The title is completely a joke, I hope all understand!
    Man, this ain't no joke! This is brilliant!! Pass the salt, walt, cause I'm ready to eat! Don't think that I don't see what you're doing

...I wouldn't even be punch drumming if it weren't for Alan spending an extremely gracious amount of time with me at SpeedBag II. Thank You!
    No, my friend, THANK YOU! It was a pleasure to meet and work with you and it was obviously time well spent. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery, then I'm extremely flattered. You killed this song and the skills your throwing to do it. Look out world, we got another full blown PunchDrummer in da house!

Anyway... here ya go. Excellent Song for punch drumming
    This kind of music is awesome because it has a lot of groove and melodic or rhythmic pauses for speed bag emphasis, but isn't so fast to kill you in the process. Here's a few more of my favorites I can find online by Jesse Cook,..

Red

Gipsy

Orbit

Tempest (* no drums in this version, so your own bag beat will enter unopposed...)

Mario takes a walk

Olodum (* slow groove, put up a 10x7 or 9x6 - or jump to double time with an 8x5. Great song to work on your slow groovin' ability)

[ by the way, I met Jesse Cook at a concert in Waco Texas and gave him a video of me hitting to several of his songs... About a month later he emailed me and said... "pretty cool!"
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and a few others of similiar style...

Gypsy Flame by Armik

Ottmar Liebert

Heart's still beating

Sante Fe

passing storm

Snake Charmer

Havana club (* better use an 8x5 on this one... )

thanks again, SBA! Rock on!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Incredible sense of rhythm!!!

Wow Matt, Awesome use of the bag beat with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in. I'm totally impressed with your skills and more so with your ability to hit to music! The bag beat seems to be on the up beat at many parts of the song and the sound was crisp and clean through out the entire vid! I think this is your first punch drummming post; you nailed it my friend!

Keep on bagging and posting vids especially punch drumming vids! Bag on Brother!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Precision bagging. Really impressed. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

As Alan stated... THIS IS BRILLIANT!

I know this is going to sound corny, but, when I watch this, it takes my breath away. Your style and technique are exceptional, elbows are up throughout, the precision of your strikes are spot on! and without sacrificing the intensity and beauty of the music. Fantastic work of art. Yeah, okay, I'm gushing... but, I am so passionate about punch drumming. It's my outlet for "artistic expression" or... whatever.

Anyway, yes, it did indeed turn out quite well. Right down to your video editing. The music was perfect in relationship to the punching. And sometimes that's hard to do depending on the video equipment.

Jesse Cook is fantastic to punch drum with. After watching your video, I immediately checked him out on iTunes. In fact, you inspired me to punch to his song, "Café Mocha." It has a geat beat. I love the tempo and really cool percussion throughout.

I'm so glad you spent that time with Alan at SBII. It was obviously time well spent! So, are you hooked on punch drumming, or is it something that you do only once in a while?
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            I know this is going to sound corny, but, when I watch this, it takes my breath away. Your style and technique are exceptional, elbows are up throughout, the precision of your strikes are spot on! and without sacrificing the intensity and beauty of the music. Fantastic work of art. Yeah, okay, I'm gushing... but, I am so passionate about punch drumming. It's my outlet for "artistic expression" or... whatever.

Anyway, yes, it did indeed turn out quite well. Right down to your video editing. The music was perfect in relationship to the punching. And sometimes that's hard to do depending on the video equipment.

Jesse Cook is fantastic to punch drum with. After watching your video, I immediately checked him out on iTunes. In fact, you inspired me to punch to his song, "Café Mocha." It has a geat beat. I love the tempo and really cool percussion throughout.

I'm so glad you spent that time with Alan at SBII. It was obviously time well spent! So, are you hooked on punch drumming, or is it something that you do only once in a while?
            Am I hooked on Punch Drumming? I'd say "yes".

Is it something that I only do once in awhile. Yes. I do not hit the speed bag much lately, but when I do I prefer punch drumming over anything else. Most of my time on speed bag is figuring out how punch drumming works and how to teach it. I hit in my head to new music all the time. I wish I could spend more time and effort on learning some of the "new breed" moves and combinations, but that's not my karma. I am thrilled by your advancement in punchdrumming, as well as Nova, speedbagataraxis, SpinSmashPop and a few others. I know the satisfaction of hitting along to any song you want, improvising from all around the bag.

Punch on!
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
              • Nov 2010

Wow!

Thank you all very sincerely. This comments are what push me to continue to constantly and consistently improve my speedbagging. I love all aspects of the speedbag, although I am finding myself without even thinking about it, putting on music before I go to hit. I love everything about it though and I make a point to do everything Punch Drum, Fine tune advanced and basic moves to make them more efficient, and just trying something new or even trying to invent something. I am always trying new things no matter how hard they seem. I love punch drumming and have been experimenting with allllll kinds of different music. If it weren't for my lack of a good and easily accessible camera I would have much more videos up. Once again, thank you all for the incredible support and I hope to save up for a camera soon to get some more videos up.

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
                • Jan 2011

this music is awesome, normally i dont like music i like quietness , but if i ever did this would be the music of choice, its classy and relaxing-great smacking bro
                Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Brother Cavefish View Post
                  this music is awesome, normally i dont like music i like quietness , but if i ever did this would be the music of choice, its classy and relaxing-great smacking bro
                  Yes, Jesse Cook music is exceptional for punching or just listening.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...