• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Creedenc- "Fortunate Son" - Punch Drumming

It's bee a while since I posted a video so I threw the camera up under my board to try a different camera angle than I normally shoot. It's good to be postin......I've been kinda busy and have'nt frequented the forum as much as I would have liked to lately. But, I always have time to hit the speed bag. It must be that addiction thing

Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Novaspeedbagger
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

BEAST on the bag!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Wow!

First impression – Wow! That was sharp. Nice and crisp. Very powerful punching, Kerry. You've been practicing! Love the song choice. Love your style. I like the camera angle, too.

Gotta go watch it a few more times.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        First impression – Wow! That was sharp. Nice and crisp. Very powerful punching, Kerry. You've been practicing! Love the song choice. Love your style. I like the camera angle, too.

Gotta go watch it a few more times.

Thanks Dee! I also shoot some punch drumming to Don Henely last night, which contains alot of the same combo's but at a slower pace. I'll post that too when I get a small window of opportunity. It's at the same angle and the Speed is great for studying technique. I think it may be helpful to some newer baggers that are looking to expand their bag of tricks!

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
        BEAST on the bag!
        Thanks JC! Still Rockin it out on the Powermill and as you can see it's Rock Solid. Glad you were part of the St. Louis gig. Looked like a great time!
        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Kerry - Wow! Very, very nice. Your best to date. Great job, look forward to more.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Awesome job! Great combos!!!
            Very very impressive ...
            You are a punch drummin' maniac!!!
            BAG ON!

Comment

• toolboxdiver
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2008

great video, awesome combo's Bag On

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2010

Thanks for checking the vid out!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                Kerry - Wow! Very, very nice. Your best to date. Great job, look forward to more.
                Thanks Biff! I will post some more stuff as soon as I can. Making a point to post punch-drumming vidz or any baggin session seems to help my skillz improve. I seem to level out at a certain skill level until I plan on posting a video. I do appreciate the feedback! I hope to see some of your baggin soon as well!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                Awesome job! Great combos!!!
                Very very impressive ...
                You are a punch drummin' maniac!!!
                BAG ON!
                Thanks Brian! Punch-drumming opens up fitness and training to a whole new world for me. I'll hook my cell phone to my geeky $29.99 logitech speakers and hit shuffle, say, maybe at 6pm after coming in from work. I just pick a combo and keep the beat as best I can until it morphs into some other natural fist or elbow strike and then create the next set of licks to punch out. It's funny cuz I really don't consider myself musically inclined but punch-drumming just pulls me in and I'll look up about 3 hrs later and still be at it. My mind is so challenged with this stuff but somehow it got into my soul as well.

Have a great Tour! I hope you start getting in some more bag time. I know some current footage from the baggin wagon would motivate me to the max. It would be cool to see some tour baggin from the wagon, sometime soon. I'm gonna punch out something to Whitesnake in the near future!

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                great video, awesome combo's Bag On
                Thanks TBD! I'm still working on mastering all the combo's I used. It's a real challenge to keep punching right on beat. I wouldn't have it any other way though. Keep it baggin brother! I'll be looking for your next vid too!
                Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• hawkman
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                  It's bee a while since I posted a video so I threw the camera up under my board to try a different camera angle than I normally shoot. It's good to be postin......I've been kinda busy and have'nt frequented the forum as much as I would have liked to lately. But, I always have time to hit the speed bag. It must be that addiction thing

love it! love creedence to!

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Musically inclined or not, that is some mighty fine punch drumming!BAG ON!
                    Last edited by metaldad; 02-04-2011, 02:57 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2010

Thanks MD! And Thanks for keeping me motivated with the winter speed bag sessions from your walk-in cooler! Stick with the Irish coffee or anti-freeze as I think someone put it.

Keep on baggin and postin
                      Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 02-05-2011, 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Aug 2010

Thanks hawkman!
                        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Sorry I must have missed this one earlier. Very nice combo's Nova, I can tell you're really feeling the syncopated bag beats with music. I see you are starting several more complicated combinations from different positions around the bag also. Very nice use of SDP combo's and single fist linking to triplet rolls. Yes, my friend. You are becoming a very skilled Punch Drummer. Need a bit of work on bag control, but that takes time. Otherwise, I'd say "you've got the beat!".

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by hawkman View Post
                            love it! love creedence to!
                            Love the avatar! Fistful of Metal! Metal Thrashing Mad!!!!!!! Saw the Suicidal avatar in your profile. Possesed To Skate!

Thanks MD! And Thanks for keeping me motivated with the winter speed bag sessions from your walk-in cooler! Stick with the Irish coffee or anti-freeze as I think someone put it.

Keep on baggin and postin
                            Thank you for motivating me to get better! The cooler is starting to thaw!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Roc Stone
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2007

That was a pleasure to see
                              sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...