• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inkspill
    • Dec 2010

second round

Played around some last night

First video tried hitting a little harder and shortened up my circles, standard 3 beat, this may be the hardest, quickest I've hit, it was fun and I felt the triceps burning pretty good.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Didn't really play to the music, but figured this was the best forum section

2nd video stuck to the music a little, was trying some linking on the reverse side of the bag that had been suggested, still figuring it out

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Inkspill; 01-18-2011, 09:10 AM.
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

First, I've embedded your videos for you:

Second, great job! I posted a comment on youtube. Let me say that from what I've read of your posts, you have a great attitude and insight and that is going to translate well into the bag. Keeping those elbows up gets to be a bit challenging til you get used to it.The wobbling of the board makes it a little harder to concentrate but you handle it well. Do you live in an apartment? I don't remember if you mentioned that or not. If so, then a wall mount is most likely out of the question. In the second video you do a good job of keeping it under control which is key. Especially when trying reverse hitting. Speed comes later. Now if I could just follow my own advice lol! Looking forward to more!
    Last edited by metaldad; 01-18-2011, 09:45 AM. Reason: Embedded second video and added text
    sigpic

Comment

• toolboxdiver
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2008

your the man Brother semper fi

Comment

• Inkspill
        • Dec 2010

Thanks metaldad. I see the brackets for youtube embedding in the forum and will use in the future. I appreciate the feedback. I'm fired up and positive self talk helps lol.
        I am in an apartment so free standing for now. I can't wait to show my dad where I'm at now and teach him some things next time I visit him! I've never seen him do anything other than single straight punches on triple rhythm so I blew his mind a little by showing him the montage of Speedbag punching over the years. To make it up to him I'm getting him the bible and dvd.

thanks toolboxdiver. I don't know if I'm the man, yet ; ) lol

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Nice work Inkspill You have the bug!!

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
            Played around some last night

First video tried hitting a little harder and shortened up my circles, standard 3 beat, this may be the hardest, quickest I've hit, it was fun and I felt the triceps burning pretty good.

[

Didn't really play to the music, but figured this was the best forum section
            You were a bit slow on this one, a tad behind the music. Could be the bag is a bit too big for that song or the vibration of the board kills the rebounds (especially for the bigger bag). The music is also a bit low in this and hard to make out on the video to the bag, but finding the right volume between bag and music is not easy. It's easy for one or the other (bag/swivel rebound or Music) to overpower the other. The most important thing is you had fun, kept it going and are working your bag control to a steady beat. You'll get it!

2nd video stuck to the music a little, was trying some linking on the reverse side of the bag that had been suggested, still figuring it out

This is nicely done skills work. I like the way you anticipate the Reverse Double Punch (RDP) and hang an arm out there for a few punches waiting to come in from behind. Good anticipation, arm position and bag contact. You kept it going pretty well to the music, which is also a bit low in this clip. I think the most important factor for you right now is working bag control and increasing your technique arsenal from around the bag. I also like the way you're working on your arm positions, holding those elbows up - especially when moving a fist straight out or back through the bag.

You've got a good ear for the rhythm and will quickly learn to sync your punching to a steady beat.

Good work!
            Last edited by Speedbag; 01-21-2011, 06:40 AM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PIEFURZ
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Thanks metaldad. I see the brackets for youtube embedding in the forum and will use in the future. I appreciate the feedback. I'm fired up and positive self talk helps lol.
              I am in an apartment so free standing for now. I can't wait to show my dad where I'm at now and teach him some things next time I visit him! I've never seen him do anything other than single straight punches on triple rhythm so I blew his mind a little by showing him the montage of Speedbag punching over the years. To make it up to him I'm getting him the bible and dvd.

thanks toolboxdiver. I don't know if I'm the man, yet ; ) lol
              Inkspill, if you're baggin and lovin it you're the man. Take a look at Alans site for some ideas on using cargo straps to take some of the play out of your rig. Your stand is made out of sturdy metal, so it should hold up. I did this on a real cheap stand at a gym and it helped. Although the added stress on the frame and my determination to destroy it didn't help. They finally replaced it. Alas, they didn't secure the new stand down either and it got close to sprinkler heads so they took it out. They put up signs warning not to move the stand. Well what do ya think a heavy and speed bag stand on a hard wood floor is going to do? Since it was in the aerobics room I couldn't use it till late anyway, so I resigned my membership. Nothing like having your own setup at home.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2007

Good tunes

+

Good tenacity

=

Good stuff
                sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...