Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry for all the suspense...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry for all the suspense...

    Well, a few of you have been curious about my new speed bag. It's called BODY FIRST FITNESS OF AUSTRALIA.

    Deano tells me that a former pattern-maker for Jim Bradley has started making a new brand of speed balls.

    I must say, I really like it. It's a bit heavier, and probably a little slower than the yellow Title bag, but, for me, it's ideal. I'm more about the beat and rhythm in a song. A speed bag is what dictates what speed I need... and lately, I've been in an R & B / Southern Rock, blues, etc. kind of mood. So, this bag suits me just fine right now. Oh, and I'm even *er* sweating again. I equate that with burn. And, that's what I'm wanting right now.

    So, this video is sort of a punch-drumming video and a speed bag review of the new bag.





    Oh yeah. I also made this video a couple days ago. It's not a good representation of the new speed bag, but, hey, I had Marshall Tucker freshly downloaded to the ipod... the bag beckoned... I just had to punch-drum to this song.

    Last edited by MsDeville; 12-26-2010, 10:36 PM. Reason: Added a second video.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

  • #2
    Great Video's MsD, I really enjoyed the Marshal Tucker tune I have seen them 5 times over the years and it brought back some great memories. Your new speedbag looks great enjoy it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
      Great Video's MsD, I really enjoyed the Marshal Tucker tune I have seen them 5 times over the years and it brought back some great memories. Your new speedbag looks great enjoy it.
      Thanks, toolbox. Lucky you! Five times?! I received an iTunes Gift Card from my youngest son... I'll be stocking up on more songs by Marshall Tucker, that's for sure!
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

      Comment


      • #4
        Great punching on the new speed ball Dee!

        Great Video Dee! I just posted a new bag review myself! Thanks for the demo and review of the new Bag. As always I am interested in learning about new or different products, especially speed bags...oops....make that speed balls! Glad to see you are baggin straight through the holiday season. That's real commitment and dedication. Keep on Baggin Dee! Great tunes, accurate strikes and sweat! Does it get any better then that?

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcCOvKT7c5s
        Novaspeedbagger

        Comment


        • #5
          Well we have been curious, and would never have guessed either!

          Looks a lovely bag - you need to post some more still pics please!

          Great videos to some awesome music, and WOW and you pulled off an amazing reverse front fist roll at the end. Yeah, that is what I heard skunk call it in one of his vids. Very nicely done!

          You continue to be a fantastic inspiration, thanks for posting such quality videos.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice review. Looks like a great bag. I couldn't handle the suspense any longer last night, so I went ahead and ordered a Jim Bradley Pro Ball (the one made of kangaroo hide) and a Jim Bradley swivel. Can't wait to try out the Pro Ball. I will let you know what I think when it gets here. I am also really curious about the swivel. I will mount it to one of my boards, and have Jumpcannon's evil swivel mounted to the other, so that should give me a good comparison. I just got my Balazs platform up and it is a huge improvement over the Everlast adjustable that I was using.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
              Great Video Dee! I just posted a new bag review myself! Thanks for the demo and review of the new Bag. As always I am interested in learning about new or different products, especially speed bags...oops....make that speed balls! Glad to see you are baggin straight through the holiday season. That's real commitment and dedication. Keep on Baggin Dee! Great tunes, accurate strikes and sweat! Does it get any better then that?

              I don't think of it
              as a commitment, Kerry...

              ...it's more like an...


              O - B - S - E - S - S - I - O - N ! ! !

              I truly live to bag, SB brother. Heaven help my Loved Ones...



              Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
              Well we have been curious, and would never have guessed either!

              Looks a lovely bag - you need to post some more still pics please!

              Great videos to some awesome music, and WOW and you pulled off an amazing reverse front fist roll at the end. Yeah, that is what I heard skunk call it in one of his vids. Very nicely done!

              You continue to be a fantastic inspiration, thanks for posting such quality videos.
              It's a great speed ball, Niki. I'm sure you would like it. I have learned all sorts of difficult punches since getting it. ... For instance, those Reverse Front Fist Rolls. I'm gettin' it!!! — thanks to you and a few others who have mastered them. I'm glad you enjoy the videos...

              Originally posted by Avadia View Post
              ...I couldn't handle the suspense any longer last night, so I went ahead and ordered a Jim Bradley Pro Ball (the one made of kangaroo hide) and a Jim Bradley swivel.
              I kinda figured you would Avadia! You're gonna love it. The Jim Bradley balls are great!

              Originally posted by Avadia View Post
              Can't wait to try out the Pro Ball. I will let you know what I think when it gets here. I am also really curious about the swivel. I will mount it to one of my boards, and have Jumpcannon's evil swivel mounted to the other, so that should give me a good comparison. I just got my Balazs platform up and it is a huge improvement over the Everlast adjustable that I was using.
              Those Balazs platforms are very nice! You're all set, man! And an Aussie swivel, to boot! Those swivels are great as well – deano brought one with him to SB 2010 and I was able to use it a bit while I was there...

              We'll be anxiously awaiting your opinion of the speed ball and swivel...

              BAG ON!!!
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

              Comment


              • #8
                Great video and review Denise! How much was the bag after shipping and where can I check out other products? Cool music too! I grew up with only one Allman Brothers album "We're An American Band". Actually it was my older sister's album. My love of rock is her fault. My love of all things metal is just evolution, my love of bagging....I blame you all!! BAG ON!!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Great video and review Denise! How much was the bag after shipping and where can I check out other products?
                  Thanks, Patrick! Well, as for shipping costs, I'm not sure (deano shipped it)... And, as for the speed ball, according to deano, they are hard to come by, even in Australia. I Googled the name of the speed ball (Body First Fitness) and a few websites (Australian) popped up. They are definitely on the pricey side. But, this bag is very well made, and is worth every penny, in my opinion.

                  Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Cool music too! I grew up with only one Allman Brothers album "We're An American Band". Actually it was my older sister's album. My love of rock is her fault. My love of all things metal is just evolution,
                  ... my love of bagging....I blame you all!!

                  D I T T O!
                  sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great stuff Dee! Every time I watch you you get better and better and add more stuff to your routines!
                    BAG ON!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just realized my gaffe and I should be flogged mercilessly. I have officially tainted the metaldad name! "We're an American Band" was Grand Funk Railroad not The Allman Brothers. "Ramblin' Man "was the Allman Brothers song my sister played constantly when I was a kid. I shall carry out sentecing immediately. 100 bag rebounds to the noggin' with an 11x9...READY..FISTS.BAG! Death by Bagging Squad.
                      Last edited by metaldad; 12-30-2010, 01:22 PM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                        I just realized my gaffe and I should be flogged mercilessly. I have officially tainted the metaldad name! "We're an American Band" was Grand Funk Railroad not The Allman Brothers. "Ramblin' Man "was the Allman Brothers song my sister played constantly when I was a kid. I shall carry out sentecing immediately. 100 bag rebounds to the noggin' with an 11x9...READY..FISTS.BAG! Death by Bagging Squad.
                        If you weren't so honest, you could have corrected the post and never mentioned it again...
                        BAG ON...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                          I just realized my gaffe and I should be flogged mercilessly. I have officially tainted the metaldad name! "We're an American Band" was Grand Funk Railroad not The Allman Brothers. "Ramblin' Man "was the Allman Brothers song my sister played constantly when I was a kid. I shall carry out sentecing immediately. 100 bag rebounds to the noggin' with an 11x9...READY..FISTS.BAG! Death by Bagging Squad.
                          I agree thanks for being honest Brother, thought i missed a tune thgough

                          LMAO

                          Bag On

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                            If you weren't so honest, you could have corrected the post and never mentioned it again...
                            BAG ON...
                            Curse my integrity! I just wouldn't be able to call myself metaldad anymore if I did that! Bootsy Collins calls it " The Pinnochio Theory"; DON'T FAKE THE FUNK OR YOUR NOSE GOTS TO GROW! I may not know everything about Hard Rock & Metal,but I own up when I screw up. BAG ON!!

                            Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                            I agree thanks for being honest Brother, thought i missed a tune thgough

                            LMAO

                            Bag On
                            Thanks brother! Like I said,Imay not know it all but I can't fake it either!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                              If you weren't so honest, you could have corrected the post and never mentioned it again...
                              BAG ON...
                              Right, SSP. Metaldad has the integrity of solid steel. But all that aside, I hear the Allman brothers are a bit ticked.
                              Speed Bag

                              Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...


                              sigpic

                              The Art of the Bag

                              Comment

                              Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X