• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DizzyD
    • Jun 2020

Evo14- PunchDrumming TestDrive - All Black

AC/DC - Back in Black
    Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
    Metallica - Enter Sandman (Black Album )
    …all punched to with the new Evo14 - „Black Edition“

• dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Punch drumming is one thing, but when you watch someone sit back and enjoy the music so much to the point where the hands become an automatic extension of the music is beautiful thing.
    Bag On and keep posting. LOVE IT

Comment

• surfingcowboy
      • May 2020

Good Stuff! You sure got the beat and the punch down

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DizzyD View Post
        AC/DC - Back in Black
        Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
        Metallica - Enter Sandman (Black Album )
        …all punched to with the new Evo14 - „Black Edition“

Love your interest use of Triplets, utilizing two pick up beats to main, and variety of ways you do it, using phantom punching as well as triple elbows.

At the Gathering this year I saw Nate Holdener and Brad Bachmann ripping triplets by double bumping the lead fist of the main Double Punches (FDP, RDP and SDP)

In this video notice how NATE at 1:53 - and Brad at 2:46 start double bumping lead fists of SDP (R-R-L ' ' L-L-R). The both do this from Sides, Front and Back.

And Tyler was amazing, at 4:10 through 4:19, especially with hit (Right FSP ' L-ODES) combinations.

Here's the best parts of the SPEED BAG SYMPHONY - punching to "Turn the Beat Around". Alan, Nate, Brad, Matt, Zach (aka Speed Bag Skunk), Louis (Aka G-Town),...

I normally just use 3-punch fist roll or triple elbow strikes. I had never seen it done quite like that before. DUH! it's brilliant.

(for the record, my part sucked..., but those guys killed it! )

Last edited by Speedbag; 11-20-2021, 12:52 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DizzyD
          • Jun 2020

Oh yes Alan. These two are amazing with their bag-skills. The continuous side-double-bump sdp is a really hard move. And Nate is throwing it so precisely and effortless. I’ve been trying to get them down, but that takes a lot of practice. Maybe something for the future and a song with low speed.
          Thanks for all the feedback guys! Have I said that I love this stuff?

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DizzyD View Post
            Oh yes Alan. These two are amazing with their bag-skills. The continuous side-double-bump sdp is a really hard move. And Nate is throwing it so precisely and effortless. I’ve been trying to get them down, but that takes a lot of practice. Maybe something for the future and a song with low speed.
            Thanks for all the feedback guys! Have I said that I love this stuff?
            I'm practicing it all. It is deceptively harder than it looks. He might put his lead hand a little further to the side than I do. When I SDP my lead hand is really a Front Circle Punch (FCP) so it would be

CP ' FCP ' SSP ( the FCP ' SDP = SDP)

for the record, I count five different double punches and it works with all of them.

FDP, SDP, RDP, R-SDP and S-RDP. (with S-RDP being the hardest by far for me)

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...