X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antwan
    • Mar 2021

Punch drumming practice

Trying to understand punch drumming, practicing on a slower track so i can maintain fist control!!
    Still many times off beat, but i'm getting somewhere
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Antwan, I've watched many video's that are very good but lack one thing the bag was CONTROLLING them. Watching someone CONTROL the bag like that is nothing short of beautiful.

Comment

• Antwan
      • Mar 2021

Originally posted by dad View Post
      Antwan, I've watched many video's that are very good but lack one thing the bag was CONTROLLING them. Watching someone CONTROL the bag like that is nothing short of beautiful.
      Thanks

I try hard and practice every day on the bag.
      punch drumming is kind of difficult, i have no musical background whatsoever!!

Practiced alot of the echo combination from the speedbagbible chapter 11, to try and understand it a bit.
      I find it very difficult, but practice makes perfect

The most important thing to me right now is fist control, hit it, hit it and keep hitting it from every direction at a steady pace!!

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

That's GREAT! Just lock in to the tempo and the rest will come with time & practice. Bag On!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...