• Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Speed Bag Actor 1956

Who remembers this one..

1956 John Derek Actor- "The Leather Saint" Jody Lawrence Boxing Press Photo

Wow, that's a sum kind of big bag you got there.... (and notice the swivel)

The movie on imdb
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

I see a blonde and some cleavage...

I don't know if you've ever thought about it, Alan, but your swivel collection could come in handy one day. Hollywood likes to get things right, and if they ever make a period movie with boxing scenes involving the speed bag, they would need the correct vintage swivel. Maybe you could hire one of yours out for a fee --- the standard swivel contract, standard swivel royalty agreement. The swivel would need to join the union.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      I see a blonde and some cleavage...
      Ah my young friend. Back when I was fourty, and my waist wasn't, I too would have noticed that. Now I'm just admiring that big beautiful bag..

(my wife made me say that)

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      I don't know if you've ever thought about it, Alan, but your swivel collection could come in handy one day. Hollywood likes to get things right, and if they ever make a period movie with boxing scenes involving the speed bag, they would need the correct vintage swivel. Maybe you could hire one of yours out for a fee --- the standard swivel contract, standard swivel royalty agreement. The swivel would need to join the union.
      Funny you mention that Union issue. Union rules are strong and varied within the entertainment industry for appearance purposes. When I went to NYC for the Letterman gig, theoretically I "performed" for the show (auditioned) and had to be paid. Since my part wasn't "aired" I only know how much I got paid for what I did. I'm not sure if it would have been more if I actually was "broadcast" out over the network.

as part of the signup forms (insurance issues etc. If you get hurt in the studio..etc) I had a union form requesting information how often I had appeared or been on any media outlets within NY. IF you appear over 6 times, you have to join the union.

Hmm. I noticed the show I was "supposed" to be on in February has already been re-run in late March (Dave on Vacation). I wonder it those who actually appeared got paid again, or if that counts as "two" appearances, even though it was the same appearance, just re-shown.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...