• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Patent - 1913, Bag anywhere

A much later device actually has a built in platform, meaning we could enter parades with a large group of baggers punch drumming in unison to draw attention to the sport, couldn't we?

US Patent 1049835

'
    Attached Files
  • toolboxdiver
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2008

I think we should enter the tounament of roses parade with all of us bagging our way to the judges.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      A much later device actually has a built in platform, meaning we could enter parades with a large group of baggers punch drumming in unison to draw attention to the sport, couldn't we?

US Patent 1049835

'
      Awesome find, Paranday

The idea of wearing a bag around your neck has really never died, in fact it lives on today - more or less.

We all know the secret to hitting the speed bag is rhythmic movement and "timing" of fist movements and bag position. In the modern era this lives on today via Flavor Flav, who probably cannot hit the bag but in representation pennance wears a clock around his neck.

Again, little known facts about how the art and science of speed bagging effects society.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        We all know the secret to hitting the speed bag is rhythmic movement and "timing" of fist movements and bag position. In the modern era this lives on today via Flavor Flav, who probably cannot hit the bag but in representation pennance wears a clock around his neck.

Again, little known facts about how the art and science of speed bagging effects society.

Haha.

That be a very dapper looking gentleman.

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
          I think we should enter the tournament of roses parade with all of us bagging our way to the judges.
          Your wish may come true, here's the later patent:

US Patent 3030109

If I recall, somewhere there is a video of someone bagging with one of these. Anyone remember where that is?
          Attached Files

Comment

• toolboxdiver
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Your wish may come true, here's the later patent:

US Patent 3030109

If I recall, somewhere there is a video of someone bagging with one of these. Anyone remember where that is?
            There is a youtube video with a dude using this one I watched a few years ago. If anyone is familure with Philadelphia history we have a New Years Parade called the Mummers Parade which this would fit right into.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Punch drumming to accordians and banjos, whoa......

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                Punch drumming to accordians and banjos, whoa......

Ya we can punchdrum to this....

I'm old enough to remember watching this stuff on TV. Better have your 8x5 or smaller bag to keep up with this one.

There is a youtube video with a dude using this one I watched a few years ago. If anyone is familure with Philadelphia history we have a New Years Parade called the Mummers Paradewhich this would fit right into.
                TBD, This ain't nothing but a good time! Pack my "bags" cause I want my mummy!

...and yes you CAN punch drum to this. Where's a bag when you need one..

This looks like waaay too much fun. Mardi Gras of the north. I think I saw you in this clip, TBD!

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2008

I'm old enough to remember watching this stuff on TV. Better have your 8x5 or smaller bag to keep up with this one.

This looks like waaay too much fun. Mardi Gras of the north. I think I saw you in this clip, TBD!

yes the Mummers parade is like a marti gras of the north and the tradition goes way back older than the rose bowl and all others

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Awesome find, Paranday

The idea of wearing a bag around your neck has really never died, in fact it lives on today - more or less.

Although during the Comedy Central roast of Flav someone mentioned that his girlfriends kept getting clocked in the face while making love.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

The Beer Barrel Polka and Myron Floren brought back memories. My dad played that polka and recently one of my cousins said he was invited to play on the Lawrence Welk show. When I was 2 or 3 I thought Myron was him on TV and wondered how he could be there and in the kitchen at the same time. Wonnerful Wonnerful, as Mr. Welk used to say.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

yes the Mummers parade is like a marti gras of the north and the tradition goes way back older than the rose bowl and all others
                        We need to do a skit as the Mummer Bags. This could be fun! I could see you and a few brothers in full indian gear, dancing to the beat of baggers. That would be different.

Kinda like the Punch Drummer Mummers.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jan 2008

We need to do a skit as the Mummer Bags. This could be fun! I could see you and a few brothers in full indian gear, dancing to the beat of baggers. That would be different.

Kinda like the Punch Drummer Mummers.
                          that does sound really cool Alan, looks like I got the friday off for June in Jersey 2011 so Rhi and I should be there

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

that does sound really cool Alan, looks like I got the friday off for June in Jersey 2011 so Rhi and I should be there
                            Great! Like they say in Philly: Mummer's the word.

Bring your dancin' dudes and we'll give ya a beat for a pow wow dance.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Jan 2008

Great! Like they say in Philly: Mummer's the word.

Bring your dancin' dudes and we'll give ya a beat for a pow wow dance.
                              sounds good I'll see what i can do

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...