• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Scientific Bag Punching by Harry Seeback - 1913

This is my favorite of the old bagging books I've seen thus far. Harry was one of us, he would have fit right in at the forum. Here's a quote:

...The usual exercise becomes fearfully dull and tiresome when practiced alone...with bag punching it is different...just for pure love of it I work at it several hours a day...

I'm certain that these early baggists would have loved Speed B.A.G. 2010, it likely would have blown their socks clean off, but in the pages of this booklet it is clear that today's baggers would have enjoyed these pioneers as well. Harry and the others were inventive, as he notes:

"...it would take a very large volume to contain all the known movements in bag punching...".

Indeed. Moreover, who amongst us would have ever dreamed of hitting 7 bags at once? Harry did.

The .pdf was too large to attach, but it can be downloaded here.

Bag on!
    Attached Files
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Wow, great find Paranday. I"ve got this one , and the other, downloaded onto my iPhone.

Comment

• juxt
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

thanks a lot. this is a really cool book. i would like to see what a speed bag gathering from 100 years ago would have been like.

does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap way to print this as a book?

Comment

• crapshoot
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by juxt View Post
        thanks a lot. this is a really cool book. i would like to see what a speed bag gathering from 100 years ago would have been like.

does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap way to print this as a book?

I would go to your local library and get it through inter-library loan. When it comes in, scan it. Then you can print it out and have a back-up. Copying it at a store may be a problem unless you do it manually or if he died after 1935 because of the copyright.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          ..The .pdf was too large to attach, but it can be downloaded here.

Bag on!
          So what's the trick for the file download? When I trying to download the file All I get is an endless bunch of looped ads that leave tracking cookies on my computer. At one time I had eight windows opened from these leads. I close one and two more open.

???

or do we need to pay for their "premium" service?
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Not the best design for ease of use, but I just tried it, typing the 4 characters into the box, clicking "download file", then waiting 45 seconds, and clicking on "Regular download".
            Last edited by paranday; 08-05-2010, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...