I just acquired another benlee bag, This one came in today and the leather is in fantastic shape, as for time-line of when this particular benlee bag was made and going by the construction and lettering of the bag, This one is a newer version of the other bags. One tell tale sign is not also the lettering but also the lining they used, my other bags have the cotton weave lining, this one has the nylon weave lining, i'll probably shorten the loop for it is very long and as you can see and with all my benlee bags, they have or had the bottle neck, i modified the neck on the other bags and will see how this bag hits after I shorten the loop, hopefully i won't have to modify the neck.
Another BenLee Striking Bag
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Shortened the loop, everything on the bag is original, laces & bladder, The bag didn't have any signs of wear on the loop so i think the bag just sat for years without anyone hitting on it.4 Photos
Comment
-
Update: i went ahead and modified the bottle neck because i knew that I would like the way the bag would feel with a shorter neck, Much better and really a joy to hit on, Now i just want to bag on it more than ever, Another thing that I forgot to mention was unlike the other BenLee bags that I have, this particular bag doesn't have the hole though the top of the loop like the other benlee bags, There seemed to be a long period of time when there was first the ball-rop swivels that were available and then the ball-hook swivels came out. So some bag makers like BenLee, Draper-Maynard and others that I can't remember at this time gave you the choice with the loop having a hole though the top to give you the option if you had the ball-rope swivel or the ball-hook swivel. Both type of swivels were available for a good period of time.
Comment
Comment