X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ventanakaz
    • Jun 2011

Finally got one

Old Vintage Everlast Swivel, Does anyone have any ideas what to soak this in, in order to get the coating off that someone applied years ago ?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20240429_134014.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	129619 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240429_134028.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	129620 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240429_134054.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	129621
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Neat! With the hollow ball no less! This ought to clean up real nice

Comment

• ventanakaz
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Neat! With the hollow ball no less! This ought to clean up real nice
      Do you have an idea what to use to take off the coating they used along time ago without ruining the swivel ???

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

That looks to be ordinary paint, I don't ever recall one of these being painted when new. Cosmoline used to be the product of choice for protecting machined parts that would be warehoused for a while. I would be surprised that they used that tho.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmol...ure%20to%20air. I would imagine that ordinary paint remover would do the job safely

Comment

• ventanakaz
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          That looks to be ordinary paint, I don't ever recall one of these being painted when new. Cosmoline used to be the product of choice for protecting machined parts that would be warehoused for a while. I would be surprised that they used that tho.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmol...ure%20to%20air. I would imagine that ordinary paint remover would do the job safely
          Your right, i took a heat gun to it and it does seem like ordinary paint, So i'll head to the hardware store and see what i can find for paint removal but i don't want to use something to strong, BTW i have many new york swivels with the 1 inch solid ball and some were painted at the factory with the same color, looks to maybe be power coated

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...